Chapter 39 - Three Words

Mulai dari awal

I shut my eyes and, for the meantime, I didn't give a damn. Even if this was a big sin for me, would it matter anyway? Could I just not give myself a freebie even for just a while? or, perhaps, a gift for my birthday? just for my birthday...

I couldn't decide how long it took us to do that. I just decided to lose myself into it.

And then, he ended it. He groaned as he gasped air to breathe. I did the same and we faced each other locking our gazes.

"I was your first. I will make sure I'll be your last, Althea," he said, caressing my cheek.

Realizing now what I just did, I became totally aghast about myself. I pushed his hand away from my cheek.

Even if it was already too late for me to express my objection, I still tried to raise my ego to its highest level. I was ashamed of what just happened and, in order for me to hide my great shame, I needed to show my damn pride.

"Don't be too confident about yourself," I commented sourly.

"I can't ever allow that Javier Suarez or anyone else to be with you."

"Oh! Why on earth he can't be with me?"

"Because you're mine." It was a firm statement coming from him. "You're mine, Althea Ruiz," he then repeated it in a whisper with a scary tone that brought chills to the hairs just beside my left ear where his mouth almost rested.

Now he was claiming me!

B---shit!

"Wow, very nice, Nigel Joaquin!" I sarcastically said as I found myself a chance to escape from him. I strode fast to the couch, took his suit jacket and his tie with my hands, and let them fly in the air as I threw them at him.

Of course, he looked at me very bewildered while the jacket fell to the floor near his feet.

"I've never been yours and I will never be yours!" I said, battling with my temper. "Now, get out!"

Slowly, he bent down and took his jacket and tie from the floor. Finally, when he stood up straight, he cast me again that sad look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." he spoke.

I cut him off with my hand, then I said, "Let's make it clear. Sorry or not, you don't have a place in my heart, so please leave me in peace."

Nigel didn't move, neither did he speak. With his jacket in one of his hands, he stood in front of me like a lost creature. His eyes shot me a blank and worried stare, his shoulders drooping.

"I know that I've done a lot of things that make you hate me this way, Althea," finally, he spoke after several seconds. "For so many years, I know I made your life miserable. I mistreated you, bullied you, and hated you like you were the most hateful person on earth. But, please, if you'll only give me a chance, I'll prove to you that I've changed. I want to make a fresh start with you. Please, give me a chance to prove myself."

Chance? He was asking a chance from me! Why? Did he ever give that to me when I was still the one asking him that? For how many times in the past that I had begged him to love me and, in all those times, did he ever listen to me? Did he ever give me the chance to prove it to him?

Now, who was he to ask me that?

I walked past him and went back to the door. "I've already moved on, Nigel. I hope you'll also move on. Let's just separate our ways and be happy with each of our own lives without each other," I said as I opened again the door for him. "Please, leave now and don't ever come back."