{{ 1 }}

His grey eyes sparkle from across the room, sending shivers down my spine. His laugh echoes through the corridor. His lips are spread apart in a sleek grin, revealing his perfect white teeth. He runs his fingers through his lucious brown hair, and stares avidly at another girl. Why is this upsetting me? It's not possible... I absolutely cannot be falling for Cedric Diggory.

"Meg," whispered my best friend through sealed lips, "you're doing it again."

"Doing what?" I replied dreamily, my mind on Cedric.

"Staring at him!" said Maci, rolling her eyes. She picked up her bag and looked at me accusingly.

"I can't help it!" I laughed as I turned to face her. She sighed and pulled my hair away from my fingers.

"I'm crazy aren't I, Mace?" I grinned sheepishly as I awaited her response.

"I'd be lying if I said you weren't," said Maci.

I picked up my bag and we headed to Charms class. Maci continued to laugh, however silently at me as we walked right past Cedric and his friends.

Am I crazy? I know I may be a bit, well, different; but is it insane for me to be crushing on Diggory? Am I stupid to think that I actually have a shot with him? Let's face it. I haven't even had a conversation with him. Sure, we're both in Hufflepuff, and I'm only a year below him, but when has he ever taken notice to me? Does he even know I exist?

"Maci," I whispered, hoping to be unheard over Professor Flitwick's squeaky voice, "I can't get him out of my head."

"You're hopeless, Megs," she whispered back, sighing. "Can't we talk about this another time?"

"I guess," I replied, but I was lying. I didn't think I could wait. I needed answers, I needed someone to tell me it was normal to have a crush on the captain of the Quidditch team. But it wasn't just a crush..It was something more.

A/N: Please let me know what you think! I know it's a short chapter but I just want to see if anyone likes it so far. Comments are great :-)