The Mortician's Daughter ♥ Andy "Six" Biersack {Chapter 7}

The Mortician's Daughter ♥ Andy Biersack
Chapter 7

“Hey, Raven.” Andy gave me the cutest smile ever. His voice was so deep and distinct, I loved the way he said, “hey, Raven.” The way he said my name. I could just listen to him talk nonstop for hours and never get tired of it. Or he could sing for hours, that worked too.

“Hey.” I smiled back. He opened the door of the apartment (I had no idea whose it was) wider so I could step through. As soon as I did, he pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. He offered the pack to me, but I declined. Other people could smoke all they wanted to, but I didn’t want my own lungs full of tar. I’d never really liked it when others smoked around me, but somehow Andy made it look sexy and I didn’t mind one bit.

It was the first time I’d ever seen him without all the makeup and the “warpaint”, as it was known to the “Army”, so I took this time to assess him. He had the standard black around his eyes—but this time it was only a thin line of eyeliner—but nothing else, and he looked even more gorgeous without all the paint. His eyes were such an indescribable and astounding blue. His lips were so full, and that lip ring just made them that much more kissable looking. Stop! I scolded myself.

I forced myself to look away, to look past Andy and into the house. Great, was my first thought. Scout was here. I liked Scout…at first. She thought I was pretty cool and vice versa, so we got kinda close after one party. We weren’t best friends or anything, but we were cool.

I’d been sitting there, on a couch at some random house, not sure what to do with myself. Scout had plopped down next to me, lighting up a cigarette. One look at her and I could tell she’d had more than enough to drink. She’d looked sober enough though, her eyes were just a little glassy.

I’d watched her watching Andy flirt with some band girl with extraneous raccoon eye makeup. I knew Scout had seen him flirt with me on occasion, but I hoped she knew that I knew I was too young for him, little more than a child in his eyes—plus, he obviously liked older women if Scout was any indication. I also hoped I didn’t react to his flirting the way this girl was now.

Scout had taken a drag on the cigarette, blew out the smoke, then said, “I just want him to be happy.” I’d thought she was talking to no one in particular until she turned to me. “Even if that means he’s happy with someone other than me.”

“You’ll get back together,” I’d assured her. The way she was looking at me disconcerted me. At first I’d wondered why she was telling me this, until I saw how she was looking at me. Like she needed me to know this for my benefit. I’d wanted to tell her I wasn’t interested in Andy in the least and have it be the truth. And oh, didn’t she remember I had a boyfriend, but for some reason I didn’t. “He loves you.”

Her look turned sad and after a moment she turned away again.

After that we were somewhat friends like I said. Until she randomly did a complete 180. Now it was all sighs and glares when I walked in, the whispered to whoever was closest, “Since when did we start hanging out with kids?” Sometimes I just wanted to say hey, your boyfriend was 17 when you were 19, referring to Andy being 2 years younger than her, just like I was with him. But I figured lumping me with Andy would just piss her off even more. I didn’t know what he’d said to her about me that caused the change, but now she treated me like all those other girls “trying to steal her ex.”

She stood up when she saw me walk in. “I have to go.” I was surprised her sudden hatred for me was worse than the need to keep a constant eye on me and Andy, that she would leave and leave us with each other.

“So soon?” someone asked, but I didn’t care to see who it was. My eyes were on her as she walked to where Andy still was by the door and kissed him possessively on the cheek as way of goodbye.

YOU CAN HAVE HIM!! I wanted to scream at her. Some deep down part of me argued though: If they both want each other back so bad, why aren’t they back together already? Scout obviously flirted with other guys just to make him jealous—while Andy’s, like most of the male species’ flirting was unconscious—and he still looked at her so lovesick-like it made me sick.

Andy followed her outside, and only God knew what happened with them out there. I walked over to the couch and sat next to Jinxx’s girlfriend, Sammi, where Scout had just been sitting.

Ashley came up and offered me a root beer, which had become stocked up when the band found out it was my favorite. He looked at me knowingly as he handed it to me; this drama was old.

This wasn’t like the parties I was used to them throwing. Everyone was just chilling, so I had no idea why they were calling this a party. Ashley and Jake were arguing about whether one or both of them should stop by a hookah bar to liven things up a little.

It was forever yet no time at all when Andy came back in.

“Don’t mind Scout,” he said to me immediately. “I’ll talk to her. I don’t know what her deal is lately.”

I wanted to ask how he could be so stupid; the girl was clearly in love with him and hurting. Instead I said, “Sometimes I think she’s right though.” Andy looked at me quizzically. “I’m a kid. You’re all more or less adults. I’m still in high school for God’s sakes. Why on earth would you continuously hang out with me?”

“Hey, I’ve been there,” Andy said. He sat down next to me as soon as Jinxx and Sammi got up. “I’m obviously the kid of the bunch. But, Raven, you’re more mature than some ‘adults’ I know.” Then he turned the conversation lighthearted. “Take Ashley, for instance…”

I cracked up. When I could finally breathe again I said, “So. About that offer…”

Andy smiled evilly and I wondered what on earth I was about to get myself into.

10 more comments for next chapter!