73: Do we have a deal?

Start from the beginning

"Oh, and if you get any ideas," he grabbed the hair on Lyra's head and yanked her back, making her let out a muffled yelp of pain, "She will be no more and you'll never see her again."

Anger in me sparked viciously. 

"Get your hands off her!" I shouted in rage, banging my fist on the table.

Richard let of of her hair and grinned a sadist smile at us, he grabbed Lyra's  chin and looked at her "I can do anything I want with her while she's here."

He wouldn't. He would dare. It was like a red veil came over my eyes. What exactly was he implying? Who does he think he is? I'm  the only one allowed to touch Lyra, no one gets to do anything do her.

"You keep your hands off Lyra or I will bury you under the concrete!" I  stood up, my chair tumbling back behind me with a loud clatter.

"See you at noon," Richard laughed and the screen went blank.

"No! Lyra!" I picked up the phone and shook it just so I could see her. Nothing.

David took his phone and started making frantic calls to the bank. I picked my chair up off the floor and sat down, putting my head in my hands. I was so mad I was nearly shaking. I wanted to hit that man so hard.

Someone put a hand on my shoulder in an failed attempts of comfort. I looked at them. Detective Bourne stood beside me, "We'll get her back Nathan."

"Damn right we will," I growled. I wanted nothing more than to get out of here right now and save her.

I looked at the cop who was manning the whole electronics system, "You're tracking that, right?"

He nodded, "The signals coming from the east side about forty miles from here. The same place Alexandra's phone pinged off of. I'll see where exactly."

I waited impatiently, my knee bouncing with anxiety.

"A warehouse beside some abandoned railroad tracks," He looked at me over his computer.

I nodded and let my head rest on the table, I was so tired. I'd barely slept a wink over the past few days, this was killing me.

"Nathan," David said and I sat up.

"Yeah?"

"I know you didn't sleep last night. Lyra's room is down the hall, you should go take a nap," He put his phone on the table and pointed down the hall numbly. 

I was about to object but exhaustion took over. So I just nodded and stood up. Pushing in my chair, I smiled a little at him before walking down to Lyra's room.

I opened her door and stepped inside. It was relatively clean and it smelled like vanilla and honey. I sat on her queen sized bed and looked around. Her closet was open and many books were scattered on the floor. Halestorm CDs were everywhere.

I pulled the blanket back and was surprised to see a pile of something tied together with string. I picked it up and put my legs under her soft blankets.

Turning the pile over, I saw it was actually a bunch of pictures. I untied the bundle and started to look at them. They were all of us. My eyes studied each picture carefully. The ones from her birthday, our big hunting trip, and of just regular day things.