After everyone was Sorted, Dumbledore got to his feet, his arms wide in welcome.  "I have only two words to say to you: tuck in."

I had forgotten how amazing the Hogwarts feast was, especially the first feast of the year. I ate enough for about five people I believe. I sat in between Fred and George, with Fred constantly trying to take my food. I kept swatting at him, with him smirking at me. He kept asking me questions about pranks I had come up with over the summer. I answered them and then we started talking about muggle bands. George and Betty were debating over the best candy Honeydukes has, and Sammy was watching them, clearly amused since George was getting quite into it. Hermione, Harry, and Ron would occasionally talk to us and we would butt into their conversations from time to time. After everyone had finished eating Dumbledore stood up and began, "Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it.

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

I heard Harry gasp and saw Fred and George mouth soundlessly at Dumbledore. I forced back a laugh, wondering how any of those three were going to survive a whole year without Quidditch. Fred and George, no doubt, would still find a way to steal a set so that they could still let off some steam. It wouldn't be surprised if they enlist Harry, Ron, and the three of us girls' help.

Dumbledore continued, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy, but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"

He was cut off by a rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall bursting open.

Someone dressed in a black cloak was in the doorway, leaning against a long staff. Everyone in the Great Hall turned toward this stranger, when a bright bolt of lightning flashed across the ceiling.

The person lowered their hood, revealing that it was a man, shook out dark grey hair, and began walking toward the teachers' table.

A clunk rang throughout the Hall with his every other step. He reached the staff table and limped over to Dumbledore. More lightning flashed across the ceiling.

The lightning had revealed the man's face. It was... disturbing. It looked as if someone had let a two year old at a piece of wood, telling them to make it into a face. A large chunk of his nose was missing and one of his eyes was small and beady, while the other was large, round, and electric blue.

The eye never seemed to stop moving and even rolled right over, revealing nothing but whiteness.

Whoever it is sat down and pulled a plate toward him, sniffing it. He took a knife out of his pocket, stabbed a sausage, and ate it. An awkward silence filled the Great Hall and the tension rose at the sight of the stranger.

"May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" Dumbledore asked brightly. "Professor Moody."

My jaw dropped. As in, the famous auror? The guy who's responsible for the capture of countless dark wizards?