Why?

~Jonathan's p.o.v~

"Alright I'll see you later." I say as I got up from the black slicked chair.

Me and Luke went to this cafe by our university after class to get something to eat and we actually stayed there for like 2 hours before I had to call it quits and head back home to see Evan. 

"Yea, I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Luke asks while also standing up, putting his arm around my shoulders and walked me to the door.

"Yes, but I only have a class in the morning and then one at 4, so we could meet up again." I say opening the door and walking out onto the "porch" area.

"Ok, I have night classes so we can definitely do this again." Luke said.

"Alright bye." I say and walked toward my white Honda Civic.

"Bye." I hear Luke yell from the other side of the parking lot.

I smile and get into the car, I turn it on and start to pull out of the lot. Once I got off campus, I turned on the radio, I start to think of Evan and how he is probably waiting for me and or playing video games, but either ones ok with me. I pull onto the street on which I live on and quickly text Evan that I'm pulling up soon. I wait a bit and no reply came, that's weird he usually texts me back as soon as possibly, maybe he is invested in a intense Prop Hunt game or maybe he's charging his phone in the other room. I pull up to the house and grab my blue bookbag and the strawberry muffin I saved for Evan. I unlocked the door and walk into the living room, no sign of Evan in there or the kitchen, so I yell upstairs.

"Evan, I'm home and I brought you something!" I yell while smiling,then I was confused, so I looked out the window real quick and did in fact see Evan's red Jeep Liberty.

Then I heard a loud bang and a moan coming from upstairs. I quickly went upstairs, I busted down that door like the S.W.A.T team raiding a Twitch streamer. 

"What the hell?" I yell as I tried to look away.

It was Evan in the bed, fully clothed with his ex-girlfriend on top of him basically half naked. 

"Jonathan, it's not what it looks like, she came onto me!" Evan said, throwing Monica off of him. 

"Really, because that's not what it looks like." I say, trying to sound calm but failing and I start tearing  up.

"What, umm Evan I thought you said he was just your roommate?" Monica said while on the floor rubbing her head.

"Well guess what, I'm his boyfriend...well used to be his boyfriend." I say looking down to the carpeted floor.

"Look Jon, she wanted to hang out so I said of course and we hanged out and things....escalated and I tried to get her to stop but she didn't." Evan said getting up and walking up to me slowly. 

"Just stop and leave me alone." I say while turning around and walking out of the room to go downstairs.

I eventually just walked out of the house and just took a stroll down the street, untill I say the opening in the woods and quickly ducked into it. I saw the tree in which I sit on. I usually come here to clear my brain and calm down, which is what I really need to do now. I decided to call luke and tell him I'll need someplace to stay and once I told home what happens he agreed and he sounded very angry over the phone, I mean he is pretty protective of me, we have been friends since the 3rd grade and he may or may not have a tiny crush on me.

"Why?" I say while looking down, crying.

I just want to know why?