Devotion

Just as I thought that I was dead, a sudden noise erupted from somewhere far away from me.

Though it sounded closer, but it still seemed far away.

I guess the suffocation was finally catching up with me.

"STOP!" Someone commanded. Fury and fear clear in his voice yet at same time it seemed calm.

For a moment I thought that I had died and was stuck in some weird part between hell and heaven where I could dream freely.

Because that voice belonged to the only person who I wanted to listen to in my last moments.

My Christian.

I felt my lips turn upwards faintly at the mention of his name.

I just hoped he won't come to know what had happened to me.

Yes, it was a wishful thinking but I couldn't help but be distraught even in my death about how saddened Christian would be when he learns about what happened to me.

I was once again brought reluctantly to the present where I realized I was still alive. But barely.

In one swift motion, I was moved roughly to my feet, my arms free and my throat pinned by the sharp blade while the attacker's other hand painfully yanked on my hair.

"Don't move." He threatened our intruder with my life at the stake. "Drop you weapons."

A heavy sigh followed by the loud clattering indicated that the intruder had obeyed the attacker.

Didn't he realize how stupid he was? The attacker could kill both of us in a second. Not that I cared about my life, but I surely cared whoever it was that had come to help me.

"Kick it away and take out the other revolver too, from your socks."

The intruder hesitated for a second but obeyed instantly once the knife pressed deeper into my throat, causing me to whimper involuntarily.

If I wouldn't have been on the edge of the knife, literally, I would've face-palmed myself at this person's stupidity.

Was he on a suicide mission? Why was he agreeing to every threat?

"You know you won't get out of here, right?" The intruder said.

And my breath, or whatever was left of it, was caught in my throat.

My earlier assumptions haven't been dreamy. They had been right!

This man was Christian.

That or I had gone completely insane.

"The building is surrounded. Better drop your weapons now and surrender." Christian's voice came again.

"Christian?" I said meekly before I could stop myself.

"Stay still, Ana."

Holy shit! He really was Christian!!

But how...? I didn't understand.

Attacker had instructed him to drop his weapons and armor.

Christian with weapons and revolvers?

No. That was just not possible.

I knew him for two years. He was just a businessman.

Why would he need any sort of weapons?

For the two years I had been with him and six months I had lived with him, he didn't have a single weapon in his possession that I knew of.