Sacrifices

Written for Wattpad Fanfic March Big Change contest. A two-shot fanfiction. Please vote and comment if you like the story.

This is a short story that will contain only two chapters.

Title : Devoted Sacrifices

Chapters : 2

Word count : 7,118 (excluding author notes in bolds)

If you like this story, please visit my other story "The Brooke" as well which is a full-length novel in progress.

Enjoy reading XD

I couldn't handle it anymore.

I was going to crumble any moment now.

Everyone would see my weakness.

The demons hiding in the shadows would know that they've finally broken me.

It would be a miracle if they haven't noticed it already.

With my legs trembling so hard, I could fall down any moment now, and tears that I miserably fought over to control but failed.

Not only them, anyone could see I was about to break, if I hadn't already broken.

"Ana." A voice called out my name.

Not just any voice. This was the one I would have recognized anywhere.

This was the voice that I was hanging onto with threads, so that I won't go insane.

It belonged to him.

Christian.

I turned to look at him. Even with grim expressions and black mourning suit, he looked so beautiful.

He was the only one left now.

He was my only source of strength, my only weakness.

Which is why I had to this. As soon the funeral was over, I had to leave.

I couldn't endanger anymore lives.

Especially not his.

"Ana, it's your turn." Christian said, dragging me from my inner battle.

I nodded once at his direction. I was only capable of nodding right now. My voice had died along with the person who lay six feet under in the coffin now.

With strength I didn't know I possessed, I took two steps forward.

There was nothing for me to speak. No goodbye speech.

I didn't even deserve to come here but Christian had said that he would have wanted me there.

Of course he would have wanted me on his funeral.

He loved me.

He would always love me.

Even if I was the reason for his death.

With a heavy heart I dropped the sand I held in my fist on his coffin, silently thanking and apologizing to him.

I was told to be strong. To not give in to them.

Look where it had gotten me.

With my apartment thrashed, a bag full of threatening notes and my best friend dead.

I had warned Jose to not to go after them. They had been waiting for this opportunity.

They knew how much I loved my friends.

After all they were all I had since my parents had died in a car crash six months ago, which wasn't an accident at all.

I knew that. But the reports stated otherwise.