Chapter 4 Curiousity Killed The Luke

Ashtyn's POV

"You want to drive me home?" I whispered.

Did Luke Hemmings just ask me that question? Was I dreaming? I pinched myself. Ouch! No, I wasn't dreaming.

"Of course." Luke looked at me with sad eyes. "You didn't think I was going to make you ride home with that jerk did you? And you certainly aren't walking!"

I laughed.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Neither of us can drive." I laughed.

"Mikey and Calum can." He grinned and winked. "That's a bonus of having older friends."

OMG! Luke just winked at me. Don't blush Ashtyn! DON'T BLUSH.

Instead I nodded. "Okay."

"Come on!" He nodded.

As I passed, he put his hand on my back to comfort me. "If you ever need something just let me know."

"Thanks." I said shyly.

"No problem." He grinned. We both walked to back over to Calum and Michael.

Ashton was gone and I looked to see his car was missing. He didn't even ask if I was alright! What an idiot!

I glared at the spot where his car had been.

"You alright?" Calum asked, seeing my angry expression. 

"He just left." I growled. "He didn't even ask if I was alright or anything."

"It's alright, Ashtyn." Michael blinked and put his arm around me. "If Ashton wants to be a jerk, you don't need him."

"You're right." I sniffed. "Who needs him when I have you guys?"

"That's the spirit!" Calum said and then poked my nose. "I've got a surprise for you!"

"A surprise?" I asked curious. "Why?"

"Duh, your birthday was yesterday!" Calum exclaimed.

"It was?" Luke asked surprised.

"Yep!" I winked. "I'm officially 15. But Calum. You didn't have to get me anything..."

"You are my pal!" Calum put his arm around me. "I'm going to get you something."

"Alright Cal." I sighed. "But it better not be anything expensive."

"It's not." Calum promised.

We walked over to Calum's red car and he told me to wait outside. He scrambled in the car and came back out with an envelope.

"Here." He smiled handing it to me. It had my name written across the front. I carefully tore it open and pulled out a card. As I opened it, the first thing that caught my eyes was the big $50 giftcard for ITunes.

"Cal!" I exclaimed. "You said it wasn't expensive!"

"I helped." Michael said. "We split the cost."

"Oh, guys." I blushed, reading the card with their signatures on the bottom. "You didn't have to."

"But we did." Calum laughed. "Just take it, Ash."

"Thanks." I smiled at them.

"Sorry Ashton." Luke said sadly. "I don't have a gift or anything because I didn't know..."

"It's fine." I smiled. "You didn't know and why would you get me a gift anyways. We don't know each other that well."

He laughed and my heart skipped a beat. "Well maybe we should be better friends."

"Maybe." I replied, trying not to blush.

"Okay. Luke and Ash in the back and me and Mikey in the front.

"Why are we in the back?" Luke asked, annoyed.

"You two are 15. The youngest." Michael answered for Calum. "Now get in!"

We all got in. Calum's car was small, so me and Luke's shoulders were brushing. I tried to control my breathing and I just looked away. Suddenly there was a snap and I jumped.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, seeing me jump.

"Awww man." I sighed an reached into my back jean pocket. I pulled out broken guitar pick. "My pick broke."

"You play guitar?" Luke asked surprised.

"Yeah." I gave a sad smile. "I guess I will have to get a new pick after school tomorrow."

"What kind of guitar?" Luke blinked. "I mean, electric or acoustic?"

"I have an electric." I replied. "But Ashton gave me a really nice acoustic one for my birthday."

"Do you play any other instruments?" Luke was very curious today.

"Drums. Violin. Viola. Trumpet. Flute. Saxophone. Bass." Calum answered instead of me and I smiled.

"You forgot the piano." Michael added.

"Piano." Calum sighed.

"Why are you saying it like it is a well known fact?" Luke laughed nervously.

"'Cause it is." Calum said. "It's all she ever talks about man."

"And you enjoy it Cal!" I punched him in the arm. "Admit it!"

"Fine Miss I Can Play Any Instrument!" Calum said with a laugh. "I dare you to preform with us at band rehearsal."

"No..." I said and looked away.

"Why not?" Luke tilted his head.

"She doesn't want to become famous." Michael answered for me.

"Guys, stop answering my questions." Luke said, annoyed. "I'm asking the girl here."

Did he forget my name already? What?

"So Ashtyn, can you answer my question?" Luke looked at me with big eyes. Thank goodness. He still knew my name.

"I don't want to become famous." I stared at him.

"Why?" He asked again.

"It's not what I want to do in life." I sighed.

Calum pulled into my neighborhood.

"Guys, this is an awkward question." I said uneasily as we drove down my street.

"Is it a girl problem?" Calum asked nervously.

"Cal!" I gasped and punched him. "No!"

"What is it?" Michael asked.

"I need to stop by Ashton's house." I said uneasily.

*************************************

A/N: Another Chapter! Yeah!

Do you like it so far?

Comment what you think! :)