03

The both of them stopped walking, standing in front of a large wooden door which has a gold sign that states Azalea to which Namjoon blinked curiously. Isn't that a type of a flower?

Jinyoung, as if sensing Namjoon's confusion, says. "This is where the hybrids who loves to dote and care for their owners are located. They stay in a different room from the other types of hybrids to avoid conflict. These types of hybrids-" He gestures to the door. "Are the nagging type. They're like a mother of some sort and some type of hybrids doesn't really agree with them due to dynamics and all."

Namjoon nodded in understanding.

"The hybrids are divided into three categories; the first one being Azalea where all the mother-type hybrids are, the second one being Petunia where all the troublemakers are, and lastly Larkspur where those who like being spoiled and being carefree are. We've tried to let them stay in a single place before and it was chaos that's why we have come up with this plan. In the end, it worked like a charm." Jinyoung explained.

Namjoon hummed as he looked around the empty hallway. "Are the two categories placed in a different floor?"

"Oh, yes. The Larkspur are located on the second floor while the Petunia are on the third. Putting them under the same floor is a really bad idea as some of them have really enhanced senses and tends to get really territorial once they smell a different hybrid's scent being close to their room." Jinyoung explained before knocking at the wooden door, yet making no move to open it. "Hybrids from this room likes to open the door for their adopters, welcoming them home and seeing them off so if you ever adopt one from here, make sure to keep that in mind."

"Ah, that's cute." Namjoon stated without thinking before looking away, embarrassed at his own outburst. Wait, that didn't sound weird right?

Jinyoung smiled knowingly and not a few seconds later, a tall hybrid had opened the door widely with a smile just as wide.

"Jinyoung!" The hybrid squealed excitedly before noticing Namjoon fidgeting at the side. "Oh, we have a guest!"

"Hello to you, too, Max. And yes, we do. Care to let us inside?" Jinyoung asked, smiling as the hybrid stepped out of the way letting them go inside the room which is What? How is this a room? This is obviously a mansion!

To say that the room is spacious is an understatement. Namjoon's eyes were everywhere as he looks around the said room which had a second floor with the spiral stairs placed in between the room. The lounge area, he thinks, has a few hybrids that were knitting while chatting. They were sitting in a leather couch which was big enough that Namjoon doubts would fit his apartment. There's also a doorway, probably leading to a kitchen as he can see some equipments from where he stood. Namjoon guesses that their rooms are located at the second floor as he can only see walls with decorations in the ground floor that looked like it costs more than how Namjoon earns in a year.

Namjoon flinches as he hears a loud clapping beside him, realizing it was Jinyoung trying to catch the attention of the hybrids.

"I hope you're having a great day everyone. We have a guest here so I am hoping for your kind cooperation, yeah? Impress him with all you've got." Jinyoung announced as he gestures to Namjoon. "He is mister Kim."

Namjoon bows before muttering a small. "Hello."

Some cooed, some returned the greeting, and some continued on with what they were originally doing before being interrupted.

"They don't seem interested." Namjoon comments as he sees that no one is even approaching him, keeping themselves busy.

Jinyoung lets out a hum. "That's how they usually are. You can go ahead and roam around freely though. They don't mind. Maybe you'd be able to encounter someone you'd really like to adopt."