Chapter Thirty: Parental Role

Start from the beginning

"Tetsu please", Reina asked Tetsuya and the latter made a barrier that covers them all to minimize the casualties.

"Good thing we have him here, men!", Ichiya leaned on the wall.

"So, why don't we look for that barrier creator and get this settled with?", Erza asked.

"You're too stubborn Erza", Mirajane laughed a bit. Erza's all dishevelled but is still ready for a fight.

"I'll say", Jellal smiled and Erza just blushed and looked away.

____________________________________________________________

"Natsu dodge!", Makarov warned him.

"What?", Natsu looked over to Master Ender. He did not do anything that he should be careful for.

"Natsu the machine!", Makarov pointed out.

"AHHHHHH!!!", Lucy screamed out in pain.

Instantly Natsu acted out of instinct. The machine just made another blow past them and aimed towards Hargeon.

"I will annihilate Hargeon first", Master Ender laughed.

"If that beam hits, everyone in Magnolia will be dead!", Master Makarov was stunned and a bead of sweat dropped at his face. "The guild...the children"

"Why you...using Lucy to kill everyone...", Natsu's anger emanated before them. "UNFORGIVABLE!", he launched his attack towards Ender.

"This brat....he's faster than before", Master Ender thought as he dodged.

____________________________________________________________

Magnolia.....

"Another one?", a man saw what's coming for them.

"Everyone run for your lives!"

"That doesn't look good!"

A man stood in front of everyone as the beam is nearing them.

"What a troublesome job", he smiled and diverted the beam upwards. It exploded and rubbles rained down.

"Take care of the people", he instructed.

"Understood", the other five said.

"Why do we have to do all the dirty work?"

"More like charity, idiot"

"It's love, isn't it?"

"Tch. If it weren't for Jellal's request we won't be doing this"

"Well we did lose to him and we're part of justice serving group in the shadows aren't we?

"Lame cloaks"

____________________________________________________________

Fairy Tail Guild.....

"Looks like we were able to survive that one", Macao said.

"Thanks for evacuating everyone on time", one of the Council officials said. "If not, we're all dead for sure"

"No problem. Master Makarov already asked the guild to help out while we're here. Besides, I can't deny that we were once comrades", Mest smiled with his mark showing at his shoulder.

____________________________________________________________

"Everyone....is doing their best to survive!", Natsu angrily shouted landing a kick on Master Ender. "Don't you underestimate wizards of Ballam Alliance!"

"Let's see how long you'll be able to stay alive", Master Ender snapped his fingers. The machine reacted once again. "This last one will definitely kill the girl and everyone. We'll see who dies first!"

____________________________________________________________

"Lucy", Layla Heartfilia smiled at Lucy.

"No this isn't real. This must be the effect of that man's magic. I can't lose my senses here", Lucy tried her best to deny the fact that she can see her mother.

"Lucy my sweet child, you don't have to fear. I'm no creation of anyone's magic.Though, I am a figment of your inner desire", Layla said.

"No. You're not real. Even if you use my mother's image you're not her! How cruel can magic get huh? Why does it always have to tempt me with my family's memories?!", Lucy cried. "I have enough of this. Why is it always......"

"Lucy", Layla hugged her tight. "Oh Lucy. I'm so sorry. You don't know how much I wanted to hold you like this!", Layla cried.

"Stop hugging me as if you know me", Lucy complained and held her clothes, ready to push her away.

"Why? She's not real. I know my Mom is already dead but why....why do I feel...so warm?"

"Lucy...You have every right to be angry with me"

"Mom....", Lucy cried and returned her embrace. "Oh Mom....."

"Lucy....I love you so much....my child", Layla said.

They heard something loud.

"Lucy....we have to cut our reunion short. We don't have much time. Everyone is in danger. Right now, everyone is in danger", Layla said.

"It hurts....", Lucy started hugging herself in pain. "That's right. Natsu.....and Gallion Alliance! They plan to....wipe everyone in the face of Earthland"

"The machine...."

"He said it's the same gate as the Eclipse", Lucy said.

"No. The Eclipse gate can't be made that easily. It took so much effort and time before our ancestor was able to create one", Layla said.

"But the man who took me here said that it has the same properties as the Eclipse Gate"

"No one can replicate the Eclipse Gate. This gate is different. The gate they made is just to annihilate Hargeon. If you're used since you have the powers I had back then, you're in terrible danger, Lucy"

"How can we stop him Mom? How can I save Natsu and the others?", Lucy asked.

"It's hard but we might have a chance. Lucy, this will be the very first and last thing I will ever teach you as your mother", Layla looked at her with seriousness. "But...I wouldn't want to teach you this if I can avoid it"

"I'll be more than willing to accept your teachings, Mom", she repaid the look as she tried to stand. "Please teach me whatever can help save the people I love"

"Delicate magic efficiency control. With who you are now, I don't know if you can pull through", Layla said.

"Please Mom. I'll think what happens later. We don't have much time. Tell me, what should I do Mom?", Lucy asked.

"You must control your own magic", Layla bit her lip. "After your powers leave your body most wizards will have no control over it but if you can bend it to your will, that is to say, have it return to you even for just a moment, we can save everyone", Layla said. "However....there's a risk"

"What risk?", Lucy asked.

"You....may fall to thesame fate as I did", Layla said."?ArZ