10: Ms. Flowers: The Secret Passenger

Ok We went out of the house and I locked the door of the house.

"So Ms. Flowers... how do you expect us to go to California without any money?" I asked.

He looked at me with a frown.

"Ms. Flowers?" He asked, facing back to where we were going.

"Yeah. I thought your name fits your dress and all. But... pfff... just answer the question."

I frowned. It was because I was mad or anything, it was because it was so hot outside.

"Well I do have money Kiera. It's a credit card." He said.

"Well how are we going to travel all the way to Calif?" I asked again.

"We fly."

"You have a passport?"

He stopped walking.

"What?"

He turned around to face me.

"Yeah... about that."

"It expired didn't it?"

He nodded nervously.

"You've got to be kidding me." I said, trying to not mind the heat.

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

His eyes were almost closing because of the brightness of the sun. And I could tell mine were too for the same reason.

"No but I wish you were." I responded.

"Well I--"

"You suck." I interrupted, punching his arm lightly. I then walked back to my house. Should've not said yes in the first place.

"Well what am I supposed to do? Be a stow away?"

I stopped in my tracks then I turned around to face him.

I smiled. I just got a brand new idea.

***
We walked to the nearest Starbucks in town because he said so. He's the one paying me anyway so I just agreed. While there, I sat down on the chair and called my friend who was a senior while James was ordering our food. I told him to use my name and make his voice tinier so it would be kind of convincing that he was a woman.

Anyway, back to me calling my friend (not like I'm trying to get the spotlight or anything but this is really important).

"Yo Vinz!" I said as I heard voices from the other side of the line.

"Hey cupcake." He responded, chewing something.

I laughed a little bit at his response and said, "How many times must I tell you to not call me cupcake?"

"Well you are sweet," I continued to laugh, "Anyway, why'd ya call me?" He asked, still sounding like he was eating something.

"And why does it sound crowded in your house?"

"I'm not in my house," I quickly said.

"Not in your house? Then... where are you?"

When he asked, I imagined him looking out the window. He's my neighbor, that's why.

"I'm here at the Starbucks that's just a few blocks away from our school. You know, the one where you used to hang out with Christina, your ex-girlfriend, before you broke up with her because you felt li--"