Apartment Complex

There she is again.

Ever since I've moved in I've seen her jog around the complex, but I don't have the guts to even say hi or ask for her name. She's so beautiful and I can't get over it. She has her blonde hair up in a messy bun and you can tell she has curly hair.

I've had crushes but I've never acted on them, so I wouldn't even know how to approach her. I would probably be a stuttering mess considering that I get nervous around attractive girls.

I noticed that she usually runs twice around the complex, so I'll make sure that I'm directly in her jogging path. When I start seeing her come around the corner, I start to get nervous again.

"Kokiez, hurry your little old ass up, yo." I say to my dog.

Oh, shit. Here she comes, I can't do this. I turn around but I realize something. I'm a 19 year old girl who's never had the guts to talk to a beautiful girl. I'm not a little kid in high school anymore, I'm a graduate that's capable of getting the girl. This ends now and here.

I turn back around so I'm facing her indirectly. She starts to slow down and take out her earphones. Shit, here we go.

"Hey there, cutie. I haven't see you around here" She says as she's looking at my dog while he just wags his tail.

He knows exactly what he did, he always gets the girls. To make it even better for him but worse for me, he likes to rub it in my face by looking at me with his signature smile wagging his tail.

"Is it okay if I pet him?" She asks me as she continues to stare at him.

"Of course, he loves the attention anyways." I say chuckling.

"You're such a cutie, and you know it don't you?" She says smiling at him.

"What's his name?" She asked as she looked up at me.

Whoa. She had the most entrancing brown eyes I've ever seen.

"His name is Kokiez" I said as she looked at me with a facial expression I couldn't figure out.

"I like it. I've never heard a name like that before. It's so... original." She says as she giggles.

Lord help me get past her giggles, I'm sure they'll be the death of me.

"I'm Tori." She says as she extends her hand.

I extend mine and shake her hand in return. I accidentally held and rubbed my thumb against her hand for a little too long.

"Um, I'm sorry. I'm y/n and of course you met this little dude right here" I say letting go and looking at Kokiez.

Oh my gosh. I probably sounded dumb reintroducing him. He just looks back up at me smiling. He loves to smile considering he always does it when he's in a good mood. Tori just giggles again. Her giggle just makes me laugh because it like music to my ears.

"I've actually never seen you around here before, did you just move in recently?" She asks me.

"Uh, yeah actually. My family and I just moved in a little over a week ago." I say remembering the excitement of the move-in day.

I guess I zoned out because when I came to, I saw Tori waving her hand in my face giggling.

"Hey y/n, you totally left me. Where'd you go?" She said smiling wide, exposing her beautiful dimple.

"I'm sorry, I was just remembering how exciting it was moving in here considering it has two-stories. We've never lived in a place like this, so yeah." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

Tori gives me the same look as earlier, but I still can't put my finger on it.

"That's cute, y/n. Well, I should let this little boy get back to his business. I can see him eyeing that dog down the road as it is." She laughed.

"I'll see you around, Kokiez." She says as she pets him one last time as I stare at her.

"I hope I see you around too, y/n." She says as she plays with her fingers rocking back and forth looking at me.

I'm still trying to process the fact that she said my excitement was cute. I feel like I'm gonna have some sort of panic attack from her presence. After I finally realize I've taken to long too respond, it was too late she had already done it.

She brought me out of my trance by kissing my cheek.

"See you later, y/n" She said then turned around to start jogging away, but I stopped her.

"I'll see you around, Tori." I say winking at her.

Where the hell did that sudden burst of confidence come from? Oh gosh, what have I done? I probably embarrassed myself. I keep internally fight with myself until I see a blush creep up on her face. Holy shit. She just blushed. Am I seeing things right? She quickly tries to hide it but it's too late. I make the bold move that I never thought I'd make so soon.

"Wait, Tori." I speak without thinking.

"Do you maybe wanna hangout sometime? Maybe when I'm not walking my dog and you're not jogging?" I say nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"I'd like that." She said as she giggled and smiled, showing off that beautiful dimple once again.

After she said that she turned around and started jogging down the road. Wow, that just happened.

"Shit, dog. I finally did it. You always reel them in, don't you? Well, not this time, dog. Tori is something special. I know it." I said looking at him then up at the beautiful blue Florida sky.

I love these types of conversations I have with Kokiez, because I know he understands me. The thing is our connection is on a deeper level, it's undeniable. I plan on having a deeper connection with Tori though. I guess I'll just see where life takes me this time.

A/N: First time publishing anything. Lemme know what you guys think and if I should continue or not. Love y'all xo.