17.

"Mac I'm sorry," I sobbed covering my face with my hands.

"What's wrong?!" Mac grabbed me by my shoulders. His strong hands were squeezing them.

"I feel terrible," tears trickled down my cheeks. I buried my head into his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist hugging him tightly. "I have been so selfish."

"Its okay Patty," his voice was soft and soothing as he rubbed my back in slow circular motions. "I love you."

I let out a loud sob. Why couldn't I say it back to him? Darn it Hunter.

Looking up at him, I puckered up. "I love you too Mac. I love you too."

A huge smile formed across Mac's plump lips and he kissed me gently. His kiss always felt so welcoming and passionate but I felt empty. Mac didn't deserve this, I was going to love him because he was worth it. Hunter wasn't.

"Patty," he panted through our kisses and his hand travelled up my back beneath my shirt. "The things you do to me."

I giggled and buried my head into his neck inhaling his beautiful scent. "I love you so much."

That night Mac stayed over and slept beside me in my bed. I felt guilty in my heart enough was enough. No more Hunter.

There he was, leaning against his locker talking to a bunch of guys. My heart started to beat so fast as soon as I saw him. He ran his fingers through his hair laughing at something one of the other guys had said.

He head turned to me and a smile formed upon his thin lips. Raising his hand he waved to me. I gulped. Hunter was acting totally normal like nothing had happened yesterday.

Taking little steps, I walked up to him. As he saw me walking to him, he took steps towards me leaving his friends behind.

"Hey Flabby," he smirked messing up my hair and I slapped his hand away.

"Hunter," I took a deep breath and handed him the shopping bag. "I can't wear this to prom."

His face fell and he shook his head," no Patty, I can't take it back now."

"Please Hunter," I insisted. "If Mac found out..."

"Fuck Mac," he frowned. "I got it for you. You're going to where that to Prom whether you go with me or not."

"What is your problem with Mac anyway?" I frowned too.

"Nothing," he replied bluntly.

"I can't wear this," I shoved the bag into his hands. "I am sorry."

Hunter didn't utter another word and took the bag, turned and started to walk away. I ran after him. What the hell was his deal?

"Hunter wait," I panted. He literally walked too fast. "Why do you act like that?"

"Like what?" his voice was blunt and he didn't even look at me. I tugged his sleeve making him stop.

"I need to ask you something," I clutched his sleeve so he wouldn't walk away again. "How did you know?"

"Know what?" he asked confusingly.

"That Mac wouldn't have already told me about his Dad?"

Hunter's face went completely pale and he opened his mouth to say something but no voice or words came out.

"Tell me," I said firmly.

"I don't owe you any explanation," he shove my hand off his sleeve.

"Actually you fucking do!"