2.

"Come in," Angie's soft voice spoke from the other side of the door. Quietly, I turned the knob and walked into her office.

She smiled as she saw me and pointed to the chair in front of her. "Sit Patty."

I nodded trying to smile back and sat down. "How are you Angie?"

"I am good," she replied taking off her glasses and folding her arms over the table. "I need to ask how are you doing?"

I shrugged. Honestly, I had no clue how I was doing. "Fine I guess."

"I am worried about you," Angie shook her head. "You really need to socialise a bit more."

"Have you not heard?" I scoffed. "Nobody likes being friends with the Flabby Patty."

"You're a great kid Patty," Angie rested back on her chair. "Your grades are good enough to get you into Beaconsfield University."

That was like my dream institute. That's where my mom and dad had met. It was one of the biggest universities in the city and quite a challenge to get into. If Angie thought my grades were good enough, I might have actually had a chance at getting in.

"Really?" I asked, my thin lips curling into a smile.

She nodded with a huge grin on her face. "There is one drawback in your case however."

"What?"

"You need to pass the interview to get in. Seeing you having absolutely no interaction with your peers, I don't think that's going to help you out," Angie replied seriously.

"I interact okay," i said defensively. "I have Avery."

She shook her head and chuckled softly. "Patty, i think we both know Avery is not the best role model. All i am saying is please try to make more friends. Go out, live a little."

I nodded quickly just to get her to stop talking about this. Could she not see that I didn't fit in here to make any friends? I was Flabby Patty for crying out loud, nobody liked me or ever would. And that was a fact.

When I got home, the garage was still empty. Although I knew Mom never got back before nine, but I always hoped that maybe she would want to spend some time with me and come home early for once.

I sighed and unlocked the front door. There was leftover pizza from last night, so I grabbed a cold slice from the fridge and made my way upstairs to my room.

Throwing my bag across the floor, I plopped down on my bed and switched on the laptop logging on to Facebook.

0 notifications. 0 messages. 1 friend request.

It was quite unusual for me to get requests since I was never really much active on social media. Who would give a damn about me to actually read my status updates?

I checked who had added me and ofcourse, it was none other than Hunter Reyes. I rolled my eyes and deleted his request when suddenly a message popped up.

Hunter Reyes: Why didn't you accept?

Patricia Smith: Because I didn't want to. :)

I laughed at my reply hoping it had offended him just like he made me miserable. Then again, why would he feel offended getting rejected by the queen of the flabs.

Hunter Reyes: Come on Flabby Patty. I won't bite ;)

Ignoring his message, I turned off my laptop. He was probably amusing himself by flirting with me. I was not a clown of his pathetic show to entertain him.

I hated how guys like him got away with anything at all. I hated Hunter. I hated Greenwich High. I hated my life. I hated me.

Jumping to my feet, I took a few steps towards the mirror. My shoulders were too broad and my hip bone was so wide. I grimaced at my reflection. If only I had a body like Avery's, then maybe guys like Hunter wouldn't make fun of me. Maybe then they would notice me instead. Blinking away my tears, I plopped back down on my bed and closed my eyes.

"What you working on?" Avery glanced over my notebook at school. I was hiding in the art room, during a free period. Nobody besides Avery knew that's where I always ran off to write.

I shrugged. "It's not that good."

"Nonsense," she smacked my shoulder. Avery smelled like lavender and she had tied up her hair into a perfect high ponytail. Whereas I was stilling the Queen of the Flab land. "Let me see."

She snatched the notebook from my hands ignoring me and started to read out loud.

"My heart beats slow and sound,
In this ocean of melancholy I will surely drown.

Can you hear my screams from up above,
Is it too much to ask for a hint of love?"

Avery's face lit up but her jaw dropped open. "This is so good."

"Sort of," i replied quickly grabbing the notebook back from her and closing it. "It's just something I like doing in my free time."

"That's too good to be just a hobby Patty," Avery scolded me, frowning.

Ugh, could she just let it go.

I pushed my hair out of my eyes and nodded. That's what I always did to get people to shut up about something I didn't like talking about. Nodding.

A knock on the door made us both jump and there he was. Hunter was standing at the doorway smirking at us. His blue polo shirt complimented his tanned complexion and made his eyes stand out. He was an asshole, but a pretty asshole with no soul.

"Hey girls," he waved at us and Avery gestured him to come inside. She seemed to miss the point of me "hiding" in the art room. It was to stay away from demons like him.

"Hey Flabby Patty," he patted my shoulder sitting down next to us and Avery giggled. I shifted moving away from him so there was atleast a ten inches gap between us.

"What are you doing here?" Avery asked, her eyes flushing with admiration. Right, so now she was crushing on him. Two minutes ago she despised him, and now she was drooling all over him.

"I just wanted to ask you if you could go out with me tonight?" He smirked showing his perfect white teeth. What did he think? That anyone would be jealous of those teeth. Pffft. As if.

I glanced at Avery and her cheeks were a bright pink color. I rolled my eyes at the back of my mind and she squealed, " YESOFCOURSEIWOULDLOVETO!"

"Gosh, take a breath." I muttered annoyingly.

"What was that?" Hunter's rough voice pierced through my ears again. Every time he spoke, he gave me a migraine.

I quickly shook my head keeping my eyes on my notebook, not looking up.

"How's your head?" he asked and I nodded.

"Can't you speak?" He sounded annoyed. Ha!

"Well," Avery broke the tension. "I'll see you later, huh, Patty?"

My eyes turned to her and I nodded again. I didn't want to utter a single word around Hunter. She smiled at me and wrapping her hands around his arm, she pulled herself up along with him.

She walked out of the art room, her hips swaying, with Hunter at her heels.

"By the way Flabby Patty," he said peeping back through the door. My eyes met his. "We should hang out sometime." He winked and laughed at his own pathetic joke.

Everyone knew what he meant by "hang out". He obviously used that line when he wanted to sleep with somebody along with "go out with me".

I opened the back of my notebook angrily and scribbled down a few words on my list, Bash Hunter's head with a brick.