Chapter 4

(Back to Nate)

I had noticed the camera in the corner already, but I was more focused on the TV screen, which was displaying Rose. NateMare chuckled from somewhere behind me.

"Enjoying seeing your sister being treated like a pet?" he asked.

I didn't reply, just glared.

"I will take that as a n-"

NateMare was cut off as I bolted up from my bed, panting. I looked at my side, where the gunshot wound had been. It wasn't there. I sighed.

I got off the bed and walked down the hall to Rose's room. A scream came from inside her room. I ran in and saw Rose laying on her bed, asleep.

"Rose. Wake up." I whispered. She was shaking. She then whimpered in what sounded like pain. "Rose. You're having a nightmare." I shook her shoulder, and she gasped, opening her eyes and sitting up.

"Nate? You're ok?" she asked, sounded shocked. I nodded.

"That was some crazy dream." I chuckled. "I had to check to make sure I was uninjured."

"Wow. What about the te-" Rose was cut off by my phone buzzing. I looked, sighing when it was only Twitter notifications.

"Twitter." I stated. "Which I'm glad about. Although..."

I walked out of Rose's room and into the recording room. I picked up my guitar and played a little, smiling as I did so.