Chapter 3

I didn't recognize the man in front of me, but he seemed to know me.

"Oh, that's right. You don't remember me." he chuckled. "You'll remember soon enough."

Rose's POV I know I said that it would be in Nate's the whole time. This makes sense here, though.

'Nate's fine. He just went for a walk to calm down.' I told myself. 'Besides, he doesn't want to talk to me anyway.'

I pulled out my phone and decided to call him, since texting didn't seem to work.

As soon as it started ringing, I heard the ringtone Nate had set for me. It was his cover of Snow Fairy.

I followed the sound to the kitchen, where his phone was on the floor. I hung up instantly and unlocked his phone.

There was a new message.

'...your sister is a gonner.'

That was all the preview said. I gasped and opened the messenger. I noticed the multiple texts between Nate and the person.

'That had better not be a new song. I would hate to hurt her already.' the first one read.

'It's a note to Rose. I don't plan on doing anything that would hurt her.'

'Good. Don't tell her about the email or these texts. She mustn't know. Other wise, I kill her.'

'I promise not to tell her.'

'Good.'

The messages seemed to not continue until a few days later, or the day that I confronted Nate.

'Go to the park in one hour. If you aren't there, your sister is a gonner.'

I ran to my room and grabbed my coat. I pulled on my sneakers and my hoodie. I then ran out of the house and to the park.

Nate was no where in sight. I did see some drag marks, and then skid marks on the street. They were heading in the direction of the abandoned warehouse.

I pulled out my phone and called the police.

"911, what's your emergency?" the woman asked.

"My brother has been getting threats on my life. I didn't discover then until now, but I believe he has been kidnapped." I stated. "I have his phone."

"Sta-" that's all I heard before the phone was ripped out of my hands and crushed by a boot. I turned to see a fist flying towards me. It hit me square in the face, and I fell to the ground.

A cloth was pressed over my mouth and nose, and I soon fainted.

I was woken up by someone slapping me. Hard. My head was forced to the right at impact. I coughed a couple of times.

"Good. You're awake." a man smirked.

"No dip, Sherlock." I spat. "Do you WANT to get on my bad side?!"

"Oh, but I already am!" a new voice chimed in. A boy about my age, with hair styled just like Nate's and glasses like Nate's. I growled.

"What the f*** did you do to my brother, David?!" I managed to spit out.

"Feisty. Just like always. Cover her mouth." David ordered. The man in front of me turned my head and pressed a strip of duct tape over my mouth. I was then pulled out of the chair I was sitting in, and dragged into another room. David followed after me and the man, revealing Nate.

Gore warning

He was covered in cuts, had a wound that looked like a gun shot in his side, had plenty of bruises, and seemed pretty much broken inside and out.

Ok, gore is over

"Oh Natearu! I brought you a friend!" David called cheerfully. Nate's head lifted up, and his eyes connected with mine. He looked like he was about to cry.

My gaze instantly snapped towards David, who shrugged.

"He was in my way. This was the easiest way to get rid of him."
he stated. "Besides, someone had some beef with him, and hired me."

At that moment, another person walked in. He looked exactly like Nate, except he looked like NateMare. Nate's eyes were still on me, even though NateMare was walking in.

"Is he be- oh, someone broke the rules." NateMare chuckled as soon as he saw me.

"She saw the texts. He didn't delete them." David replied. I struggled in the man's grip.

"Well then. Nathan, are you prepared to see your sister off into a life worse than death?" NateMare smirked, turning towards Nate. Nate moved his gaze away from me and onto NateMare. A tear escaped his eye and slid down his face.

At that moment, I broke down sobbing. Both Nate and NateMare looked at me. NateMare looked annoyed, while Nate looked scared and broken in pieces.

David was by my side in an instant.

"Don't cry, Rose! I don't like to see you cry!" he smiled, trying to cheer me up. "What would make you happy?"

I nodded my head at Nate, still crying.

"NateMare? Can we let them talk, without any restaints, for five minutes?" David asked. NateMare sighed and nodded. The ropes on my wrists and ankles were untied, and the tape was ripped off fairly quickly. Nate was untied as well, but he yelped in pain when the rope touched any of his cuts. Soon, the room was empty.

"Nate!" I cried, standing up. I ran over to him and hugged him gently, crying into his shoulder.

"Rose, I'm f- ow!" Nate cried out in pain as my arm brushed the gunshot wound.

"Nate, you need to get out of here. You need to be healthy, you need to record videos." I sobbed. "You shouldn't be here, kidnapped and being tortured."

"Time's up!" NateMare shouted as he came back in. He pulled me away from Nate, and then dragged me out by my hair. He threw me into a room and locked the door. All that was in there was a dog dish, a large dog bed, and a water dish.

NateMare came back a minute later with a collar. He put it around my neck and tightened it. I was then shoved onto my hands and knees.

"Dogs don't walk on two legs. And I'm watching you all the time, so don't even think about taking that collar off, walking on two legs, or not eating what you're given." he chuckled. "Oh, and you are only allowed to bark. No talking."

He then left the room, and I studied it a bit more.

A camera in one corner, and a TV in the other. The TV showed Nate on the screen. He was looking away from the camera, and had tears streaming down his face.

"I'm so sorry Rose. This is my fault." he said. "I shouldn't have left my phone at home like an idiot."

I sighed, looked at the camera once more, and gave it a soft smile before laying down on the dog bed.

It was a while before I slept.