Chapter 1

Probably the only authors note of this whole book at the beginning of a chapter. This book will be in Nate's POV, except for the prologue. Just letting you know now so you aren't confused. :)

As I finished writing the note that I would give to Rose, my phone notified me that I had an email. I checked it, thinking it could have been a spammer.

'Stop recording videos all together, and Rose won't get hurt. I am watching both you and your channel. Don't touch your guitar, don't write any lyrics. I will not hesitate to kill her.
~Fhedghb hdmaoensn

It seemed like the name was in code. But knowing that someone was watching me and Rose scared me. I vowed to not go to the recording room. I didn't care how long I wouldn't be able to touch my guitar or write any songs. Rose was more important in that moment.

A second after I read the email, I got a text.

'That had better not be a new song. I wouldn't like to hurt her already.'

I sighed. 'It's a note for Rose. I don't plan on doing anything that would hurt her.' I sent back.

'Good. Don't tell her about the email or these texts. She mustn't know. Other wise, I kill her.'

'I promise not to tell her.'

'Good.'

The texts stopped after that. I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands. I started to cry.

For the next few days, I didn't come out of my room. I didn't want to risk Rose's life.

She knocked on my door the next day.

"Nate, come out! Please!" she begged. I only cried. She said something else, but I couldn't understand it. She then unlocked my door and came in. At that point, I was crying into my pillow.

"It was my fault! I killed them!" I sobbed. Rose was attempting to comfort me, then left to make dinner. As soon as she was gone, I put the note I had written onto my door and shut it. I didn't lock it, since I knew she would just unlock it again.

A few hours later, I heard her gasp and she ran in.

"Nate! Don't tell me you're planning on killing yourself!!" she sobbed, hugging me. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at the wall. "Nate?"

"Rose, just go." I stated, my voice revealing just how broken I was. "Please. I don't want to loose you, too."

"But, Nate-" I cut her off.

"Rose! Can you just trust me, just this once?!" I shouted, pushing her away from me. She looked at me with tear filled eyes before running out of the room. "I'm sorry. It's for your own good." I whispered.

I sat back down on the edge of my bed, and my stomach growled. I groaned, since I had to go into the kitchen with the possibility of running into Rose.

I stood up and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

"Oh, look who decided to come out of his room! Mr. It's-My-Fault." I heard Rose say. "Listen here, Nate. I'm hurting, too. But I'm not holed up in my room, blaming myself, now am I?! And you weren't the one that had amnesia! So get yourself together and go record something. Anything. Your fans miss you!"

"Rose, please." I sighed. "I understand you want to help, but you can't. Just give me some space. Please."

"Fine. I'll give you all the space you want. I'll leave. How about that?!" Rose snapped. "I'll go live with Dan and Dawn. They welcomed me any time I need a place to crash."

"No! Don't leave me, please!" I suddenly begged. Tears slid down my cheeks. "I couldn't bear to loose you, too!" Rose ignored me and stomped upstairs. I collasped in a dining room chair and cried at the table. My phone, which was in my pocket, buzzed.

'Go to the park in one hour. If you aren't there, your sister is a gonner.' the text read. I wiped my eyes, grabbed some bread and sandwich stuff, and made a sandwich. I ate it pretty quickly, slid on my shoes, and ran to the park.