Derek's Love Story

Start from the beginning

Peter walked over to the window, tracing a spiral on it. "Our mark for vendetta."

"Man, you guys really take that revenge thing to like a whole new level don't you." Cora crossed her arms. "It's not just revenge. Losing a member of your pack isn't like losing family. It's like you lose a limb."

"They wouldn't even let him see the body. He went into the hospital one day, demanding to see it. When they wouldn't let him in, he went a little over the top. In fact, your dad was there. He stopped Ennis from going werewolf on everyone."

Cora shook her head. "I don't get it. What does this have to do with Derek?" Peter smirked. "Everything. It's never just a single moment. It's a confluence of events. Personally, I looked at Ennis' circumstances, I saw a profound loss. Derek saw something different. He saw opportunity."

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "Opportunity? To do what?"

"To always be with her. The thing was, he had this constant fear. He was obsessing over it, thinking about it all night, all day, always on his mind. Why does she eat alone? One day I met up with him at lunch. Talked about her. He was thinking about her finding out about him. What he truly was. That day, I tried to convince him. Convince him to get Ennis to bite her. And he went along with it."

Peter shook his head. "Our druid at the time, didn't like the idea." Stiles sat up. "What is a druid?"

"They keep us connected to humanity. But they're a secret even in the pack. Sometimes only the alpha knows who the emissary is. Derek and I had no idea about Deaton." Peter nodded. "Or his sister, Morrell."

"She's an emissary too?" I questioned as Peter nodded. "For the alpha pack." I sat forward. "So our guidance counselor is basically a protector of a pack who hates us. Why the hell doesn't anyone tell us this stuff. We've all shared some really intimate details with her."

Cora rolled her eyes. "And did she give you good advice?" I nodded. "Actually, yeah."

"That's what they do. That's what Deaton used to do for Talia." Peter sighed. "Later that day, Derek told Ennis about Paige.

"Ennis? Why would he choose him?" Peter shrugged his shoulders. "Why not? Ennis needed a new member for his pack. Paige was young and strong. Doing a favor for Derek meant Ennis would be in good with Talia. Back then, everybody wanted to be in good with her." Stiles nodded. "He doesn't remember it was Ennis, does he?"

Peter shrugged. "If he does, he keeps it to himself."

"So then what happened?" Stiles shifted in his seat. "Did he turn her?" Peter nodded. "Almost. He came at Ennis." Peter chuckled. "A 15 year old boy against a giant. There was no reason for him to fight. She's already been bitten."

"So did she turn?" Peter shook his head. "She should have. Most of the time, the bite takes. Most of the time."

"When you offered the bite to us, you said, if it doesn't kill you." Peter nodded. "If."

"Apparently Paige knew all along. About Derek, but she never said anything. He held her in his arms, up to the moment when she died. He killed her. I remember taking her body from his arms, to the woods, to a place where I knew that it would be found. Another in a long line of Beacon Hills animal attacks."

I wiped a tear from my eye. "And what about Derek."

"Taking an innocent life takes, Something from you as well, a bit of your soul, darkening it, dimming the once brilliant, golden yellow to a cold steel blue." Peter's eyes changed to blue. "Like mine."

I nodded. "So is this why Jackson's eyes were blue." Peter nodded. "Exactly."

Later that evening, all I could think about was that story. Poor Derek. "What's this look on your face?" Cora's voice snapped me out of my trace

Stiles stared at her. "What look?"

"The kind of look that makes me want to punch you." Stiles rolled his eyes. "Oh my God. You are so Derek's sister. I forgot." Cora rolled her eyes. "Well, what is with the look?"

Stiles sighed. "I just don't believe him. Alright. In Ms. Blake's class, we're reading heart of darkness, and it's in first person, right? Narrated by Marlow. The thing is that he's an unreliable narrator. You know the details of it have changed, you know, just because of his perspective."

"Well, then we heard the story from Peter's perspective." Stiles nodded. "Right, and I don't think we got the whole story."

Cora crossed her arms. "So, what, are you just going to ask Derek about the girl he fell in love with and then killed?" Stiles nodded. "If I have to, yeah."

My phone rang as we all walked out of the loft. "Hello?"

"Aubrey, we need to talk now."

I know that was a shorter chapter but it was mainly just a filler episode. Plus I forgot I had to update today so im sorry it was late. Season 3B is coming so fast. Things will get interesting.

WordCount: 1595