06 | Pleads & Blackmail

I'm very proud of this chapter, you'll start seeing in the next couple of chapter how really flawed Jessica is and possibly things start to heat up.

vote & comment

- Kristen 💞

* * *

AFTER TALKING WITH KACY I went back straight home and onto the computer, researching the person behind the magazine article. So far, I've got nothing since I was partially distracted by the latest Justin Bieber news, you can't blame me celebrities life are just funny to read.

Suddenly about to give up and mope in my room the editors name pops up in bold on the bottom of the screen, immediately my eyes lit up and wrote down the name. James Winship.

Quickly slipping on my shoes and getting my ring I planned on going with Oswald but I don't want to hear the grumpy bastards remark, yet I don't want to drive. Internally groaning I call him up.

"Yes?" He answers.

"Can you please come pick up?"

"Um I didn't-"

"Don't push it." Oswald chuckles on the other end before giving me a okay and hanging up. Five minutes later he shows up at the front door and I tell him the address and where to go.

"Does Mister Black know where your going," I snort at that, "No and I don't plan on telling him that, so please Oswald don't say anything."

He takes a second to think about it then extends his hands out, "Really? You want money?" He nods.

Giving him the money I quickly slip out the car.

"Wait! You gave me a penny!" He shouts from the window, "Hey, it's money." I shrug, before turning around and disappearing in the big place.

The first thing I spot is the receptionist and a big elevator followed along with grand stairs, everything looked and screamed rich with the cream walls and tiles. I felt out of place in my ripped jeans and shirt.

"Hello how may I help you," the receptionist says as she gives me a disgusted look as if I was minor, "Um- I'm hear to see-" I take out the paper. "James Winship?"

The receptionist looks down on something before looking back up, "Sorry he's in a meeting."

"I have to see him right now- it's important." Taking a glance at the clock it was already four and I pretty sure Nicholas would be home by six the latest since we needed to go over some stuff to make our fake marriage look realistic.

"Wait- aren't you Jessica Hunt the one Nicholas Black is marrying?" I nod softly looking down, "Huh, I never knew he had a thing for blondes."

I looked up quickly glaring at her at the insult, "Ugh, just please if your not going to let me in can you at least call him." She shakes her head.

Feeling defeated I walk away but then an idea pops in my head.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." I smile cheekily before dashing around the corridor and running up the staircase.