Chapter 75: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Начните с самого начала

"Take me to her" I said gently as I stroked his head. He turned and walked at an even pace as I followed him. She hadn't wandered too far in. She sat on a low branch and two deer stood beneath the tree staring up at her. I heard her sigh.

"I just need a minute alone Shikamaru" She said and I chuckled slightly causing her to jump down, her stance somewhat defensive as she faced me.

"M-My apologies Sir, I-I thought..."

"It's alright Rin" I interrupted and she seemed to relax some as silence fell between us.

"How are the reparations going?" I asked, trying to get her talking.

"Slow, the Compound is huge and the only place kept somewhat maintained are the burial grounds" She explained and I nodded slightly.

"Why not ask your team for assistance? I'm sure..."

"Naruto just lost Jiraiya, he needs the team more than I do" She countered and I nodded slightly.

"You lost your brother, I think they might be worried about you too" I suggested and she laughed a bitter laugh.

"Jiraiya died a hero, working against the very organization that we had been a part of. Itachi lived and died a criminal and now Sasuke will do the same." She replied. I sighed slightly.

"I don't believe that" I replied catching her attention.

"I don't believe that you would work so hard to save and protect someone who was a criminal. How many of us actually knew Itachi as well as you did?" I countered and she shrugged slightly.

"You and Itachi had something unique and I can only imagine that bond was able to survive because he wasn't who we all think he is." I pointed out. She released a slow breath and pushed back her hair.

"He isn't" She replied, her voice shaking.

"And how everyone talks about him, talks about my family..."

"Is hard to hear" I finished for her and she nodded.

"And now that you've welcomed me into your home, they'll say the same things about your family."

"They might and again they might not. It's true Rin many people believe the Uchiha have been disgraced but you've been given the opportunity to change that, to rebuild yourself and your name. We're just here to help you along"

"But why? Why do you want anything to do with me?" She pleaded and I shrugged.

"I've known you since you were a little kid, I was friends with your mother once. You used to come here all the time, we'd play shogi together. You'd always come here after fights with your father, you and Shikamaru grew up together. In a way Rin, we've always considered you family" I admitted and she stared at me, tears threatening the corners of her eyes. I knew she wasn't used to this, the only support she had for years was herself or Itachi.

"I haven't had a family since I was five years old" She replied, her voice cracking and I nodded slightly as I stepped forward.

"I know you feel alone Rin, and to be fair you have been for years but you don't need to be alone anymore" I told her gently.

"I'm not here to replace your Father, and we're not trying to replace your family. Those are big shoes that we could never fill but you need to let go a little Rin. All this anger and hate..."

"I've held onto it for so long" She interrupted.

"It's kept me going. The desire to keep them safe kept me going. The idea that I could fix this, that I could save them kept me going and I-I've failed. I haven't lived in a world where Itachi wasn't there to have my back, I mean Sasuke's tried to kill me but Itachi" She paused and wiped her eyes.