6

The summer before college, I broke up with Caleb. He reluctantly agreed since I was going to another state for college while he was staying in New York.

"I'm going to miss you Monique," he said, burying his head into the crook of my neck.

I hugged him tighter. "I'll miss you too."

After a while, he pulled away. "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"Can I kiss you just this last time? I mean I know we aren't together any more, but I still-"

I pulled his head down to my level, stoping his rambling and kissed him. After a good minute, I pulled away and grinned at him. "Don't ramble, it doesn't suit you."

"I love you," he suddenly said, catching me off guard.

"You what?" I exclaimed.

"I love you Monique Knight," Caleb proclaimed again.

I was at a loss of words. Did I love Caleb? I did to a degree. We were together for three years so obviously I had feelings for him, but my feelings for Xavier always lingered around.

"I know you can't say it back," he said sadly. "You've always had a thing for Xavier and it's okay. I just want you to know that I'll always be there for you."

"Caleb...I"

"If you're single after college, call me." He joked, but I could see the hurt in his eyes. "I have to go to the gym now." He quickly left with a broken smile on his face and it made my heart ache.

The next day, I had my car all loaded up. I was heading to JFK airport in about half an hour. I was taking a regular flight since my dad had taken our private jet to China for business.

Ashley came to say goodbye. We've became good friends over the years. She was the most coolest and nicest girl I've ever meet. I considered her Xavier's perfect girl. I could never compete with her. She kind of became the older sister I had never had.

"Now if anyone messes with you, just let me know," Ashley said.

I laughed, knowing she wouldn't and couldn't hit a fly. She was just too nice of a person.  "Will do."

"Text me, iMessage me, FaceTime me. Keep me updated girl."

"Alright. I guess this is a goodbye."

"Goodbye." She waved as I started towards the car where my driver was waiting. "Don't party too hard or let anyone try and take advantage of you.  Best of luck in your studies and most importantly, be safe."

"Thanks mom. I will," I replied with a smile before getting into the car.  I was going to miss Ashley a lot.

On the way to the airport, I couldn't help, but feel hurt that Xavier hadn't bid me goodbye. After he graduated, he was busy at his dad's company. He was given the position as a general manager.  He'll be taking over the CEO position in a couple of years when his grandfather retires and gives the chairman position to his dad.

I was moments away from boarding my flight when someone pulled my wrist back causing me to crash into their chest. I turned around to find Xavier in a grey suit and his hair was messy, but he still managed to look handsome as ever.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He didn't reply, instead he crashed his lips onto mine hungrily. Our lips moved in sync before I realized what I was doing. I tried to push him away, but he held onto me tightly almost as if he was never going to let go and continued kissing me. Using all my strength, I pushed him off of me.

"What about Ashley?" I looked at him. I couldn't believe that he betrayed her and that I betrayed her.

"She doesn't matter because I-"

"Stop!" I put my hand in front of his face. "I don't care about whatever you have to say. Ashley is the most sweetest person. She is nothing like that snob, Anastasia. She's your perfect girl."

"No, she isn't. The one I-"

"I have to board my flight now," I stated. I was doing this for him. He'll be happy with her. I know he will.

"Miss it and take my jet. I just need to tell you something very important." He pleaded, running his fingers through his curly hair.

"Tell me another time." I smiled at him weakly. I didn't want to know what he wanted to say.

"MK-"

"Bye Xavier," I said before boarding the airplane, leaving him behind.

---------
Ya'll are frustrated with me, aren't you?  I would be too if I were you.  But hey, this is how their story goes ;)
---------