2

Cars were Xavier's obsession and his obsession soon became my obsession.

"I'm going to the Grand Prix in Tampa," Xavier exclaimed, waving his ticket in front me teasingly.

"That's so unfair!" I stomped my foot on the ground.

"Relax MK, my parents brought an extra ticket for you too," he said pulling another ticket that he had hidden behind his back the whole time.

"You're the best Xavier!" I exclaimed, hugging him.

"I know," he said with a sly grin revealing his braces, "two more years until I turn sixteen and I'll be able drive."

"Lucky you, I have to wait six more years," I complained.

"Patience young one." He purposely patted the top of my head, knowing full well that I despised it when people touched my hair.

The same year we went to the Grand Prix, Xavier got his first girlfriend. Her name was Anastasia and she was the same age as him. He started spending more time with her than me which I didn't like.

I went over to his house one day which was near mine, wanting to hang out with him. But when I barged into his room without knocking, I saw him kissing Anastasia.

"Ew," I blurted causing them to break apart from each other, "kissing is disgusting."

"Kissing is great," Xavier retorted, shooting me a glare.

"Who's she?" Anastasia, the pretty red head pointed her hot pink finger at me.

"Just a friend," he told her.

"I didn't know you still hung out with preschoolers." She sneered at me. "Xavier, I got to go." Anastasia gave him one more peck on the lips and shot me a judging stare before leaving.

Once she left us alone, Xavier sighed. "What are you doing here, MK?"

"I just wanted see if you wanted to hang out."

"I was busy and now Anastasia left!" He fumed.

"I don't like her," I told him blatantly. She didn't look that nice of a person. Xavier needed someone better.

"Well, too bad because I like her," he said, "now get out of my room!" He pushed me out of her room and slammed the door in my face.  That was the first time Xavier had gotten really angry at me.