"No, not Jack and Jill."

"Oh yes, I will throw out your precious sandcastle building tools. I know where you store them," she grinned deviously.

"Fine, I'll swim if you promise not to leave me alone with him."

"Except when you do swim, and I have a say in what you're wearing." She said, followed by a pinch in my elbows. We made it up in fourth grade. When we were making deals, we would pinch the other person's elbow. It means that the deal was finalized and there was no backing down.

"I hate it when you do that."

"But you love me anyway," she winked.

•••

It was almost 6 pm. Rebecca and I were still fighting about what I should wear. We couldn't find common ground. She wanted me to wear her bikini, and I wanted to wear my one piece.

"You look like a conservative single mother of two when you wear that," Rebecca teased.

"Well if I wear the bikini, I look like a high school student stripper who needs tuition money."

"Honey, there's nothing wrong with wanting to earn a little extra cash by being a stripper," she lounged on my bed, texting.

"Rebecca I'm serious. I don't want to wear it."

"Fine, don't you have anything else in your closet?" She stood up, looking through my closet.

"I don't know. I don't have a lot-"

"How come we haven't seen this?" It revealed skin in the back, and it showed a bit of cleavage. Something Rebecca can't live without. "You can wrap this around your waist. You'll look so cute." She squealed, and she threw me a purple tie-dye swimsuit cover-up.

"Fine," I agreed, only because it was almost time to go, and it did sound like something I would wear.

"Now go change, your prince awaits."

After getting ready, we drove down to the beach. I haven't been here since I was in elementary school. My mom would always take me every Friday after school during autumn and summer, and now I barely get to see her. I heard the loud music blaring when I opened the car door. Everyone seemed to have a different type of alcoholic beverage in their hands. Everyone was smiling and laughing, is this what I was missing out on? Drinking and partying on a beach with strangers from our town?

"Okay, we leave at 10:30." I turned around to tell Rebecca, but she wasn't there. She already managed to sneak away from me.

I walked through the crowd of partygoers who were jumping to the sound of the beat. I wondered who was pretending to be happy in this crowd of people. Just then, I saw Shawn and his friends sitting around a bonfire.

"Hey," I said as I approached Shawn. I never interacted with any of his friends, besides Logan.

"Wow you look hot," he said eyeing me from head to toe.

"Thanks, it was Rebecca's idea."

"Well it's a good thing you agreed with her," Shawn said. "Come on let's go get something to drink."

"I don't think they'll let underage drinkers drink."

He laughed, "no one cares about that. There's a cooler filled with booze that's left unguarded. It's calling us over." I never drank anything with alcohol in it, but Rebecca tricked me into thinking beer was apple juice once. Although, I didn't fall for it.

"Can't wait," I said looking around. I finally saw her head of blonde hair and bikini passing through the mob of people. "Just grab me one, I think I saw Rebecca."

"Okay meet me back at the bonfire."

I looked back in Rebecca's direction, but I couldn't find her anymore. I turned back, but I ran into someone and Shawn had already disappeared. I looked up the person who spilt their drink on me. "Not you again," I whined. It was the same douche who ran into me at Dante's Pizzeria.

"You have got to be kidding me," he murmured. "Are you stalking me?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Okay, an apology would be greatly appreciated."

"I'm sorry you have nothing better to do but follow me around," he said.

I looked down at his shirtless toned torso, "I am not following you around. You know practically everyone in town shows up to this party."

"Of course I do, from my judgement of you from the first time we met you aren't the type of person to attend these types of parties."

"You're not wrong, but you are an egomaniac jerk."

He let out a small chuckle as he glanced to the side, "At least you should know the name of the guy you called an egomaniac jerk."

"I'll pass," I rolled my eyes.

"Okay well, I'm going to call you Brenda the bitch beach lover."

"Whatever you say Eli the egomaniac jerk," I said walking away.

"Until our next unplanned encounter Brenda," he yelled. I crossed my fingers and hoped that I won't have to run into 'Eli' ever again. 

a/n Vote, comment and share! I hope my Catholic/Christian readers had a good Easter weekend!! Thanks for the support.