Sweet Dreams... (Nalu - Fairy Tail)

I don't even need to open my eyes.

The warmth of his body is reaching my skin, so softly, so delicately, embracing me as tenderly as his arms have. Every second that passes by, I wish he will never let me go. The feeling of his chest rising and falling with every breath, is giving me small shivers on my back, and the air that comes out tickles my nape just like his kisses do.

I don't even need to open my eyes.

In the absolute silence of my room, it feels like only the two of us are in Magnolia tonight. Almost as if we are the last people remaining. As I adjust myself to a comfortable position, he tightens our intertwined fingers, now feeling like there are no mine and his. Such peace, such warmth, such calm.

"Lucy?" His soft voice tickles my ear, and shakes me up from the delightful moment, however not ruining the feeling.

"Yeah, Natsu..?" I whisper, slowly and quietly, feeling his tender kisses on my shoulder.

"Promise me you'll be with me forever."

"I promise...and you?"

"I promise."

I don't even have to open my eyes.

In the absolute silence, I can even hear the beating of his heart, accelerating from time to time, and going back to beating steadily in a matter of seconds. But, at some point, it starts beating faster. I can feel it with my back, touching his chest. It is gradually, but it accelerates. More, and more. What is he so afraid of?

His chest drifts away from my back, his arms unwrap me in seconds.

"Lucy!!! "

I open my eyes.

"Natsu!" I get up yelling, my heart racing as much as I felt Natsu's do. I look around, with the weak moonlight helping me see in my dark room. It only takes me a moment to realize what happened, and I slowly walk to my wall, on which I let myself slip downwards, hitting the floor. The realization brings tears to my eyes, eventually making me cry uncontrollably in the middle of the night.

"Natsu...didn't you promise? "

I find myself weak after hours of crying, unable to stand up. I stare blankly at the wall, trying to calculate how much time has passed.

"Two years.." I whisper to myself. "Natsu...you've been gone for two years..."

A loud sigh came out of my chest, as I wrapped my arms around my knees, dropping my head in them.

"Maybe that is why I have these dreams...because that's where I can see you again..."

I don't want to open my eyes.

If I open them...you won't be there.

-

Woah why do I keep writing sad things ;-;

Did you like it? ♥