I hate her.

"Man, it is way too hot for this." Noah exclaims, shoving his burger into his mouth and takes a huge bite. Amy nods in agreement as she sucks her soda cup dry like it's her first drink in years.

"At least the little place they had for dance lessons had an air conditioner. This heat is brutal!" She tells us. I throw a fry at her face.

"Ugh, you suck!" I tell her. "I had to deal with this heat for an hour and kiss a bunch of idiots."

She laughs her butt off, and soon enough the rest of us are laughing too. I still think it was an injustice, but whatever.

When we're done eating and have had enough rest, we head over to the studio where dance lessons are taking place and go into the back room for some privacy to practice one more time the song we'll be doing at the talent show. We actually end up doing it twice to make sure we're perfectly in sync and won't make mistakes when we're on stage.

Wouldn't want to fall on our butts in front of everyone we know.

Once we finish, we walk back out to the sweltering heat and I see that even more kids have arrived and the fair is bustling with activity. I've got to hand it to Cruelle; she really knows how to get the word out.

"Where do you guys want to go?" Collin asks. I open my mouth to answer, but I'm knocked back until I almost fall down by a wirl of black hair and tan skin giving me a hug. Normally, I'd be worried about who this is, but I only know one girl with such wonderful wavy, black hair and model tall body.

"Jess, you're choking me," I twll her as my vision starts to get blurry from lack of oxygen. She releases me immediately from her hold leaving a whiff of Burberry the beat in her wake.

She smiles radiantly my way, and I notice she looks particularly beautiful today in an orange and white striped cutout dress with white sandals and a cute messenger bag.

Next to her, Blake looks like her perfect counterpart in a blue polo that stretches over a very impressive chest and light wash jean shorts. The sun seemed to make his dark skin glow, and it was a stark contrast to his light honey brown eyes and pearly white teeth. I hate all of these people and their freaking amazing gene pools.

Darn Celtic blood.

"So, are you guys ready for the talent show?" Jess asks as we walk toward the games to amuse ourselves before it's our turn on the stage. I sigh.

"I think I am, but then again who knows. I'm so frackin' nervous right now!" I tell her. She laughs.

"What the heck is frackin'?" She asks in between chuckles. I give her a blank look.

"If you don't know by now, then you obviously don't deserve to." I tell her haughtily.

We all laugh, and go to the hoops game for a little competition between couples. In the end, Blake wins by a landslide, earning him a big purple zebra whuch he gives to a delighted Jess, and he admits he's played basketball since before he could walk. Collin barely made one shot, so I'm guessing this is definitely not his forte by the embarrassment I see on his face.