Chapter 9

*Picture of Noah's parent's house above!*

Stephanie's POV

I wake up with a huge smile on my face. Even my alarm screaming bloody murder way too early in the morning can't destroy my mood.

I look over at my overflowing walk in closet and decided to make an effort in my appearance today. I walk on my plush sky blue carpet and open the doors to the closet. I twirl my hair around my finger as I try to decide what to wear, and finally decide on black leather skin-tight pants and a lacy white shirt with quilted black flats. I went over to my jewelry box and look at the silver bracelet with a diamond pendant on it that I haven't been able to wear since my mother's death. I feel a sense of determination rise inside of me and I wrap it around my wrist, turning the pendant to look at the engraving on the back. To my lovely daughter Stephanie.

My cheeks were suddenly wet with tears, but I immediately put a stop to them and fix my makeup. I can't rehash my sad past, but I can bring a piece of my mother with me to school.

I walk down the grand staircase and into the foyer where, surprisingly, Carrie was talking on the phone in a heated conversation on what sounded like a disaster involving silk. Confused? Carrie is a fashion editor for Vogue (how someone with the IQ of a q-tip has that job, I don't know), and her main job is to write about fashion shows and new fashion trends. She was always telling Stacy and I what the next season's trends would be so we could have "insider info" as she called it. I, of course, could not care less but Stacy used it to go to school in next season's fashions. We weren't extremely rich like some others in San Diego, but we were definitely in the upper class. Enough so, that Stacy could buy clothes to her heart's content, and I could gag at them.

I roll my eyes at a frustrated Carrie, and walked over to the kitchen where Stacy was looking down her nose at a burrito in front of her.

"Matt, I have told you a million times, I cannot eat so many calories. I don't want to end up like Stephanie for heaven's sake. Just because she doesn't care if she ruins her body doesn't mean I'm the same way." She said.

Matt rolls his eyes and sighs, bringing her a fruit smoothie. The truth is I'm not fat at all thanks to the runs I take three times a week. In fact, I could use a little fat. I was a size four on the bottom and an extra small on the top. All I can say is, thank goodness for push up bras.

I reached over for the discarded burrito, and winked at Matt while taking a big bite of it. I moaned at the amazing flavors of roasted chicken, melted parmesan, and a mix of roasted vegetables. Stacy was completely insane to say no to this masterpiece.

I grab my stuff along with the lunch Matt left for me, and leave to go get Amy. Upon arriving, her house door swings open and out comes a gorgeous looking Amy with flat-ironed hair, white short shorts, and a red halter neck shirt that looks great against her olive skin tone. She finished the outfit with a white leather jacket and shiny red flats.

"Well," I said teasingly once Amy had settled herself into the car and we were on our way to school. "Don't you look purty today. Does someone perhaps have a crush?"

Amy scoffed as she put her red lipstick on with the rearview mirror's help.

"Please, Steph" she said. "Just because a girl decides to make herself look a little more cute doesn't mean she suddenly has a crush. Plus, I could accuse you of the same thing. I mean, since when do you wear leather pants?"

I blushed at her words and she laughs as I deny her accusations. I park in my regular spot and walk up the stairs to school with Amy, until an arm suddenly falls over my shoulders and another goes on Amy. I look to my right with a raised eyebrow and see Collin's mischievous emerald eyes staring back.