Chapter 13

**Pictures of the private jet**

Stephanie POV

"You can't get out of this Steph. If I have to go, then so do you. I don't want to be the only non-famous person there! You wouldn't let me go through this alone, right?" Amy asks giving me a big pout.

"Hey! I'll be there too!" Jess said crossing her arms and fake glaring at her.

"Oh I know dear," Amy said fluttering her eyelashes innocently. "You just don't really count, because your naturally model gorgeous so you'll fit right in."

Jess cocks her head to the side and seems to mull over this, then finally sighs dramatically.

"Ok, I guess I can understand your insecurity. I am super hot." She said.

Amy glares and throws a big pillow at her, and Jess pretends to fall off of the bed.

Amy rolls her eyes and looks at me again.

"Seriously, though Steph, I want you to be there with me. You're my best friend! Please!!" She pleaded with her signature bambi eyes trained on me.

Darn it! She knows those bambi eyes are my weakness! How am I supposed to refuse going now?

Confused? Well, let me backtrack to this morning.

*That morning*

It's been a month since I came to the decision of never giving Collin more than friendship. It hurts sometimes to see him and feel that fluttery feeling in my stomach knowing nothing can ever come of it. But I shove the pain away, something I got very good at after my mom's death.

I look at Collin from across the cafeteria where he's standing and talking on the phone with an agitated expression. He passes one of his hands through his hair, and closes his eyes before finally nodding and talking into the phone again.

What could have him so distressed? He can't be leaving, can he? It's too soon!

My breath catches in my throat, and I look at him with wide eyes as he sits in front of me. He looks up and frowns when he sees my fear.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks worriedly.

"A-a-are you l-leaving?" I stutter. His eyebrows pull in with confusion.

"No," he says slowly. "What gave you that idea?"

I let out the breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "I just saw you so depressed with the phone call, and I figured it was because you were leaving."

He chuckles softly and takes my chin in his hand forcing me to look in his eyes.

"I'm not leaving, Steph, I promise. It's nice to know you'd be so sad if I left, though." He says with a big smile.

I blush deeply and look away. Why did I have to go and connect with Collin on such a deep level? Nothing can happen, I know that, but my heart seems to be having difficulty getting the memo.

"Don't flatter yourself, I was just thinking that if you left I wouldn't have someone to walk around with me and hold my books." I say haughtily to try and deflect the attention away from my heated cheek. Collin laughs.

"Whatever you say," he replies. Then he sobers up. "But really, the reason I was so upset was because that phone call was my manager, better known as my mom. She was telling me I had to go to New York for winter break to go to a few different events, including the famous Starlight party. It's held in this huge yacht, and only the most famous attend."

"Why would you be upset about that? It sounds awesome! I mean, I've always wanted to go to New York, especially times square." I exclaim. He sighs.