Entry Two - Compassion

"I'm telling you, Dean, you missed the exit to-"

                "Sam."

                Dean and I spun around to face the back seat.

                "Geez, holy crap, Cas.  Why don't you knock first or somethin'?" Dean shouted.

                "You're driving, Dean, what is there to knock on."

                Dean just rolled his eyes and continued down 95.

                "Sam we need to talk."

                "Yeah, sure, we're making a stop in Antietam, some sort of possessed giant cat or something," Dean replied.

                He pulled off the highway and stopped at a small diner just outside Woodbridge, Virginia.  The waitress took our order and left to grab a coffee pot. After a few minutes of catching up, Cas sharply changed the tone of the conversation.

                "I need your help tracking someone."

                "Wait, you need our help?  In case you've missed something here in the past few weeks, we aren't exactly on helping terms-"

                "Dean, just let him finish," I said cutting Dean off. " So it's a someone and not a something.  Why can't you find them?"

                He hesitated, but continued.  "It's not that easy.  Just ask around and see if anyone you know has noticed anything strange in the hunting community."

                "You're telling us to ask professional demon, witch, ghost, and vampire hunters if they've noticed anything strange? That's like asking a doctor if they've seen any sick people," I replied, frustrated.

                "Just trust me."

                The waitress brought us our food taking extra care with Dean's plate and even winking to him as she left. I looked down at my plate and opened my mouth to say something more to Cas but he had already left. I just shook my head and started sipping my coffee.

                "So, what, you think there's a rogue hunter out there?" Dean asked while poking one of his fries into the ketchup.

                "Who knows. Knowing Cas he's looking for someone who's just making a mess."

                I stared out the diner window to the Impala and took another sip of my coffee.

                Dean sighed.  "Come on, drama queen.  We've got a kitty to de-claw."