"very sorry to disappoint, however, i will simply not attend your detention." savannah managed to say.

"i hadn't plan on making it a detention but now you've given me an idea-"

"you are now receiving an hour of detention and a call home, how does that sound miss marie?"

with pursed lips and murderous visage, she replied crisply.

"refreshing."

i made my way to my desk and sat myself down, leaning back as i sent a cheshire smile towards savannah along with a wink.

i was looking forward to this detention.

i don't know why but its been weighing heavy on my conscience.

i was sure that i was smart enough to resolve the situation.

she needed to know that i was sorry.

i gripped the handles of the seat in thought, then leaned forward to scan the class.

the students had their heads down but i could still obviously see their harsh whispers to and from each other.

my gaze made a way to savannah so i got a chance to see her defeated state.

she avoided my gaze but i managed to send her a smirk and a wink.

this led her to roll her eyes at me.

i let out a huffed laugh and got back to work.

i couldn't even bring myself to start working because savannah was all that was on my mind.

why was she late?

i wanted to know why she was and how long this has been going on.

i typed away, finally finding my focus on my work.

while students worked before me, i didn't notice the school bell ringing.

"alright class i want those done. i'll give you more information on the test we have next week, you're dismissed."

the sound of small sighs of relief and rushed footsteps caused me to run a hand down my face.

my head was still lowered, deep into lesson planning when i realized that i had to keep savannah behind.

i stood up to go call her back until i saw that i didn't need to.

she sat in her very desk, slouched back and arms crossed.

"oh, i thought you tried to escape." i mentioned.

no response.

she stayed, at least we're getting somewhere.

i sighed and picked up the phone on the desk.

"you do understand that i'm going to have to call your mother." i muttered.

"aunt." she corrected.