She's Gone {Short Story}

Part Six

Sheriff Stilinski held his gun in front of him as he slowly walked into the dark building, Deputy Parrish and Deputy Romero behind him. They all stalked towards the door that was partially opened and the light inside was flickering.

Sheriff swiftly kicked the door open and the two deputies scanned the room, their guns held out high, fingers on the trigger.

Sheriff sighed when he saw what he hoped wouldn't be there. He saw a lifeless body on the floor, two holes that were parallel from each other on her neck.

Just then, their was a sudden movement in the corner of his eye. He pointed his gun at the man coming towards him. But Sheriff Stilinski noticed that the guy wasn't coming at him. The man was in need of help. His hand was holding onto his neck, which was dripping blood everywhere.

Sheriff grabbed the small radio hooked up to his shirt. "I need an ambulance," He demanded, "Quickly."

"Did he tell you anything?" Scott asked once Stiles got off the phone with his father. Stiles nodded and looked up at the other boy. Scott could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"There were bite marks on the girl's neck," He said and rubbed his face. "She was drained of blood, Scott. And there were others there too, all dead. Except one."

"What do you mean except one?" Scott questioned. Stiles sighed shakily.

"There was one survivor," Stiles told him, "And he's in the hospital right now recovering." Scott's eyes widened.

"We need to speak to him," Scott said, "We can ask him what attacked him–"

"Scott," Stiles said lowly, "Are you not understanding what happened? They were drained of blood. Who is the only creature in Beacon Hills who drains people of blood?" Stiles wiped away the tears that were daring to come out of his eyes.

"It might not be here Stiles–"

"Derek said she turned her humanity off, Scott, the only thing keeping Lydia Lydia," Stiles sniffled, "It was her, I know it was."

"I'm calling Derek," Scott told him. "We're going to get Lydia back, okay? Stiles, look at me." Stiles looked up from his shaky hands and stared at Scott. He nodded slowly. Scott took out his phone and dialed Derek's number.

"We need your help Derek," He said, "I'm at Stiles' house. Please just, just come." Scott hung up, not giving Derek a chance to respond.

A few minutes later, they heard a thud on the roof, followed by one of the doors upstairs opening and closing. Derek jogged down the stairs and joined the other two boys in the Stilinski living room.

"You know there's a front door for a reason," Stiles bitterly remarked. Derek rolled his eyes.

"You know you're a pain in my ass," Derek quipped.

"Derek," Scott asked, "How do we get Lydia back? How do we get Lydia to turn her humanity back on?"

Derek tore his eyes away from Stiles, who was glaring at him, and looked at Scott. "You can't," He said simply. "She has to do it by herself."

"Well, when will she do that?" Stiles said and sighed loudly. He threw his hands in the air.

"Not in your lifetime," Derek said.

"Why did you even come?" Stiles spat, "You never help! You always make things fucking worse!" Derek growled under his breath.

"Stop it! Both of you!" Scott yelled. Scott took a deep breath. "Derek, what can we do?"

Derek sighed and sat down on the couch. "I'm not even sure if it'll work–"

"We'll try anything," Stiles said, "It's Lydia, Derek. I know she doesn't mean shit to you but she means everything to me–to us. Just tell us how to fix this god damn it!"

"Stiles, its okay, calm down," Scott said. Stiles inhaled and exhaled. He felt like his throat was closing up.

"The only way to bring her back is to make her feel a human emotion, like happiness, or sadness, angriness, jealousy, etcetera. But it has to be really strong to push her over the edge," Derek explained. "You need to find out her weakness and then use it against her. Find it, and then kill it."

"How do we find out her weakness?" Scott asked. Derek nodded his head to Scott's hands.

"Look into that pretty little red head of hers," Derek said.

"It's actually strawberry blonde," Stiles sighed and rubbed his eyes. Scott tried to hide his smirk. Derek rolled his eyes.

"Cory, are you sure you know where you're going?" Scott asked as he followed Cory. He was leading him to where Theo and his pack were staying in the tunnels.

"Yeah," Cory replied. He came to a complete halt and grabbed Scott's hand. Scott looked down at their joined hands but couldn't see them. Cory turned them both invisible. "Now keep quiet," The younger boy told his alpha.

They walked into the tunnels and were soon greeted by Theo's evil voice. They followed the sound.

"Lydia, you're getting sloppy," Theo said, "Quit leaving bodies around for the police to find." Lydia twirled her hair.

"Yes Theo," She said with a hint of sarcasm. Theo laughed and shook his head.

"It's like you want me to rip your tongue out of your head," He said and walked out of the room. Lydia smirked, not giving a shit. Theo didn't scare her. Nothing scared her. Fear was an emotion, a human emotion.

Tracy followed after Theo and Mason went back to working out.

Scott and Cory slowly walked over to Lydia. And when he was close enough, Scott inserted his claws into the back of her neck.

To Be Continued

Writers Note:

Who thinks they know Lydia's weakness? It pretty obvious if you ask me.

Stiles is frickin pissed at the world. Lol, whats new?

I really didn't want to end it on a cliffhanger again but oops...?

Please vote and comment!

-Alison