Chapter 9- The Rescue and Release

(Y/n)'s POV

 After the witch walked away with a young girl who I suppose was Kikyo, Inuyasha and the others appeared. I snuck into the cave to Kagome.

I walked in to see a seemingly dead body. I sat down beside her

" Kagome."... I waited.

No reply. " Kagome?" ... Again no reply. " KAGOME!!!??"

I punched the ground in anger. I walked out of the cave, katanas in hand. While the hag and the gang were bickering, I cut the hags head off and she disintegrated.

I then pointed one of my swords at  Kikyō, she looked as if she was about to attack. Then, the look in her eyes faltered and she collapsed

The injury she had, that fatally brought her to her end, came back. Blood slightly surrounded Kikyō while she lay injured and slightly dying again.

A bright light then appeared. It was her- well Kagome's newfound soul that let her live. Kagome woke up. She seemed dazzled at what happened.

I watched as Kikyō got up and walk away. " Stupid, she's going straight towards the cliff.," I mumbled to myself.

" You guys watch over Kagome or bring her back to camp. I'll go after Inu.."

They nodded in response and I ran after Inu and Kikyō. When I had finally caught up to them Kikyō was hanging off the edge of the cliff and Inuyasha was trying to hold on to her.

They both let go. " Nooo! Kikyō!!!" Inuyasha yelled. I winced at how loud he yelled. We heard a distant thud and then silence.

Inuyasha's POV

As I heard the distant thud of Kikyō's body, I felt as if the love that was between us has been replaced with furry.

Now she's dead. I looked back at (Y/n). She had a distant look as if sensing something like Kikyō wasn't dead. I stood up and brushed passed her.

I didn't hear footsteps following so I stopped and turned around. (Y/n) was looking over the cliff as if searching for something.

She turned to me and said, "Let's go back to camp..." I nodded in response and we walked back together.

(Y/n) POV

She's still alive... I don't know how, but she is. I pondered on that thought. She's soulless. Not even alive.

After that ordeal, we just went back to camp. I looked over to Inuyasha, I was expecting sadness and confusion in his eyes.

Instead, I find anger and hate. More than hate. Like he wanted to kill.