Chapter Twenty-Two - You'll always have me

Start from the beginning

"Azrael?" you questioned. The angel fell forward though Bellamy was quick to catch him and rested him on the bed beside you. Azrael's hair was thick with blood, his face scratched and scathed.You shifted so that he was able to rest against the wall.

"What happened to you Az?"

He looked at you through hooded and bruised eyes. His voice was raspier than you remembered as he spoke, his words barely reaching your ears in his hushed tone, "I was wrong."

"Wrong?" you furrowed your brows, grasping at what the angel in front of you was talking about. "Wrong about what?"

"I said that if you stayed then Sam and Dean would die. Cas and Gabe too..." there was a pause as Azrael sucked in a raspy breath, letting out a chain of coughs. He clutched at his ribs beneath his blood-stained shirt. "I was wrong. I'm sorry."

"So you saw it wrong? What, God gave you the wrong info? You made a mistake?" you desperately searched for a reason though your face fell as Azrael shook his head weakly.

"I betrayed you, [Name]. Kushiel found me. He made me an offer. My life for yours. I agreed but... I couldn't. So I made you leave, warded you against other angels and... Kushiel found out anyway. I'm so sorry [Name]."

"So Sam and Dean..."

"Without you, they are destined to die, if they're not dead already. There are plans in place for them, but not without you" Azrael looked down clenching his jaw in pain. You allowed this new information to sink in before climbing to your feet. You approached Bellamy, who had been waiting, watching the entire scene. You almost see the questions written across his lips.

"Bell," you spoke softly as you rested a hand on his cheek "You have to stay here."

"No" Bellamy protested immediately.

You shook your head as he watched you with furrowed brows, "If my friends are in trouble I have to go and help them, but someone needs to stay here with Azrael."

"You mean the guy who betrayed you?"Bellamy motioned towards Azrael in anger.

"Angel actually," you smiled "You're someone who I can trust Bell, I need you to do this for me."

"You want to help your friends. I get that, but if something goes wrong. If you show up and there's trouble, who will have your back?" Bellamy's anger settled and was replaced by a look of concern.

"Well, I kind of have this angel on my shoulder too, and he is a good guy" you smiled softly, dropping your hand and stepping away from Bellamy.

"Gabe," you called out "Gabriel, I need you."

There was a flash, a fluster of wings and then Gabriel's form came into view, standing before you. His face was filled with scorn as he looked over at Azrael.

"Traitor" Gabriel rushed towards Azrael, angel blade extended. He grabbed the angel by the collar, causing him to wince as he pressed the blade to his throat.

"Gabriel no," you called out "He's not worth it."

Gabriel turned to you, the fire in his eyes dying down slowly as he lowered his blade, "You know what he did right?"

"I know," you averted your eyes, lowering your gaze to the ground "How are Sam and Dean?"

"Alive" Gabriel stepped towards you.

"Then we have to go" you began to step forward though Bellamy tugged on your arm, pulling you back. You were engulfed by his arms as he wrapped them tightly around you.

"I'll be here if you need me," he sighed softly into your hair before looking back towards Gabriel, who watched with furrowed brows. "If anything happens to her..."