Chapter 4

Dan and Phil were hovering over my bed. I jumped. "Ugh, haven't you guys learned not to startle me like this?" I rolled over and laughed.

"It's 9:25," Phil giggled. "We're going shopping soon. Do you have anything to wear?" I sat up and checked my phone, a natural instinct I had adapted.

"Yeah, I should have something. I'm gonna get changed, so..." They didn't catch on to the hint. I got up out of my bed and made a shooing motion with my hands. "Out. Both of you. Please." I flashed them a smile and they walked out chuckling.

I opened my suitcase and pulled out a coral romper. I quickly hopped out of my pajamas and into my outfit for the day. I threw on my white sandals and strutted out of the room.

Dan and Phil were in the lounge, all set to go. "Hey!" Phil greeted me brightly. "So I was thinking we'd all go out to get some drinks, and then go out shopping. Have you ever had Boba Tea?" He asked. I shook my head no. Dan gasped with delight and the boys looked at each other and jumped in giddiness.

We left the apartment and began walking towards the underground station. We hopped on the underground and rode a stop that I was unfamiliar with. I was used to Mia driving me places. The only times I had been on the subway was with friends.

Dan and Phil led me out of the station, and we were in a big section of London. At first, it was a little unsettling. The air seemed to get very hot, hotter than usual for England in the summertime. We stopped at a few stores, but found nothing of interest except a nice table lamp and a mint blue and pink duvet  along with a few buckets of baby blue interior paint, which we purchased. We walked for a little while, past the huge buildings and the pretty signs until we got to a little shop that sold what Dan and Phil called "bubble tea". It sounded delicious. The store was called Boba Jam, and it was so cute. I ordered a honeydew and peach milk tea, Dan got a green tea, and Phil got a caramel cocoa milk tea. We sat down at a little table overlooking Chinatown and drank our tea together. It was a nice little treat.

After that, we set out to look around. We stopped at a McDonald's for lunch, and time flew. We got back on the tube and ventured home. It was only 3:00 PM, but I was exhausted, even after my nap. I ran in the door and plopped myself down on the sofa in the lounge. I ended up falling asleep soon after. I woke up at 7:24 to Dan carrying me into my very empty room, which now had two twin sized mattresses on the floor along with the other big bed. He said goodnight, and I fell right back to sleep on the cold, empty bed.