Ch. 15: Journey Across the Lands

Serena's POV

I had left Dad a couple of days ago. He had given me some scrolls that he wanted me to deliver some of the villages. He told me that I can deliver them and at the same time include it into my journey.

I took out the first scroll...Hmmm I need to hand this scroll to the Mizukage. I started heading towards the Land of Water to reach Kirigakure, the Village Hidden in the Mist.

I was now in the forest close to the border. I heard a twig snap echo around me. I stopped and felt for chakra signatures. I felt about 3. They weren't that strong. They were ninja, but maybe chunin level.

They came out. They were rogue ninja from the Hidden Grass Village. What were they doing all the way out here? The three of them looked pretty simple. The one on the left was big and had a beer belly coming out, the one in the middle had a mask cover his face until his nose, and the one on the right had his head band a little sideways.

I narrowed my eyes at them. "Can I help you three with something?" They looked at me and smirked.

"Give us all your money and treasures, girly" the obese one said. I raised my eyebrows at them. "Sorry I don't have time right now, I have to go to the Mist Village." I started walking away.

Third POV

The ninja with the mask went grab Serena's neck from behind. She stopped, took her hand and grabbed him before he could even touch her. He was shocked.

"I tried to let you off easy. But I guess it isn't your lucky day anymore." She bent the hand backwards until it made a pop sound. "Ahh!" The ninja yelled in pain. She brought back her other hand and punched him right in the nose with chakra. He flew into the forest and landed in a big crater.

"I may be little, but that doesn't mean you can beat me." Serena stated and got into a fighting position. The obese one came running towards me. She pulled out a kunai and blocked his incoming shuriken.

"Wood Style: Wood Binding Jutsu!" A long and thick tree trunk started coming out and wrapped around the ninja, trapping him. Serena walked up to him and hit him in the neck, knocking him unconscious.

The last ninja looked at me in worry. "Pl-please stop, I'll get these two away from here." she stared at him for a couple of seconds then nodded.

He scrambled to pick up the two unconscious bodies and poofed away.

Serena's POV

I was walking inside Kirigakure looking at all the different sites. It was quite humid here because of the water surrounding this town. I arrived at the Kage office and knocked.

"Come in." the Mizukage looked at me. She was beautiful with auburn hair and wearing a blue ninja dress. "Can I help you?"

"Uhm yes. My name's Serena Senju. I've come to give this scroll on behalf of Jiraiya." I gave it to her. She took it and started reading. She nodded in approval. I bowed and went to leave the room.

I thought I might get some lunch then head to a nearby hotel. I ordered some Kimchi and rice. I finished up eating and rented out a single room.

I went inside and put my bag down. I pulled out my undergarments and clothes to take a shower. The hot water scorched my back. I scrubbed myself until I was red as a lobster. I came out and put my clothes on.

I was feeling tired because of the hot shower and decided that I will get some sleep and resume my journey tomorrow.

End of Chapter 15! Sorry it's not long, I had some technical errors within this chapter and Wattpad wouldn't let me upload the whole thing. I'll try to combine it into the next chapter. Almost to book 2! ^^