Ch. 10: Year 2 Travelling w/ Mom

Serena's POV

This was my second year travelling with mommy and Shizune. We were currently in the outer forests in the Land of Fire. It was a nice sunny day, the leaves were changing colors indicating that fall was here. It was my birthday tomorrow and we were celebrating it. I didn't want anything. I had all I needed, a loving mom, dad, many brothers, and people that cared for me. I couldn't be happier. I was alone for 14 years of my life on Earth. It was horrid. But I feel like Kami has given me another chance to live again.

**Time skip to the next day**

I woke up inside my tent, the sun seeping through the opening. I jumped up and ran inside mom's tent. I fell down on her, "Mommy mommy!! Wake up! I'm 7 today!" I shakes her sleeping form. She groaned and slowly blinked her eyes open. I grinned back at her.

Mom chuckled and sat up. "Happy Birthday little Angel." She kissed my forehead. "It's your day today, what do you want to do?" I thought about it. I knew we couldn't really do a lot in the forest.

"I want to train!" I said. She looked at me confused. "You want to train on your birthday... why?" "I already have everything and don't need more!"

"Alright then lets get started." We walked out the tent to get ready. I brushed my teeth by the river and went back to the campsite. Shizune came up to me and hugged me. She was like a sister to me, from the time we spent together. This year she started calling me Lady Serena. It was a bit weird and I've told her many times not to since she's older than me, but nope. But boy when she's angry she uses my full name, I do not want to get her mad otherwise she'll probably throw poison darts at me. Before we got training, I closed my eyes and sent a mental happy birthday to Naruto and kissed my 'N' necklace that I always wear with my teardrop one.

Mom and I went out to a clearing. "Okay Serena. You have completed your training on chakra control, but it's now time to add it together with taijutsu." I nodded letting her continue. "Gather your chakra in your arm and put it in first form" I concentrated the blue chakra in my hands and formed a fist.

"Now I want you to go to that rock and punch it." I stared at her. "You want me to punch it?! I'll break my hand!" I exclaimed. She chuckled and shook her head. "You might get hurt for the times in the beginning, but you'll get used to punching it with chakra." I sighed and reluctantly nodded.

I walked over to the boulder and punched it right in the middle. Cracks came on top of it, but it didn't break. I frowned and tried it again. "Good Serena you have to keep doing that until you know how much chakra it requires to break it." I nodded and continued doing that.

I finally got it the next day, now I can punch the ground, trees, rocks, and even people with the monster strength in my hands. Now mom was teaching me how to do it with my feet by kicking.

At the end of the day my hands were resting on my knees and I was bent over breathing hard.

"I *huff huff* can't believe *huff* that's so tiring!" I groaned and lied down on the ground. Mom walked towards me and gave me a letter. I looked at her confused but she just smiled and walked back to her tent.

I looked at the letter in my hand. It had my name in beautiful cursive writing. I slowly opened it and started reading:

Dear Serena,

When you are reading this you are already out to train with Tsunade. I asked her to give this to you on your 7th birthday. Happy Birthday little Angel. I wish you all the best.

Now I believe it's time I talk about your teardrop necklace. I won't tell you much now, but I will tell you what you have to do. This necklace is very special as you know it is the combination of the 4 tears. But those 4 tears hold chakra. You have the chakra of Minato, Kushina, and your parents within that necklace. Now since you are old enough, everyday starting the day you read this letter, I want to you to put 25 percent of your chakra into this necklace. Everyday until you come back to the village. By then you will have much chakra collected. Other ninja's can put chakra into that necklace also upon their will. That is your task I have given you. I know that it's a lot to ask. But my dear the time comes you will understand. This will help you take care of the people you care about. That's your wish isn't it? I will be waiting for you. No, we all will be waiting for you.