Back to reality

Draco POV
They were at Malfoy Manor.
The Christmas of his seventh year.
The most painful memory.
Of the both of them.

'They say they have got Potter' said his mom.'Draco, come here.'

'Well Draco, is it? Is it Harry Potter?'asked his father.

'I cant- I can't be sure' Draco muttered nervously but the entire time his eyes were transfixed on Hermione.

'You were sure' whispered the mione next to him. 'Then why- um'

'Why didn't I sell you out?'
Hermione nodded.
'I don't really care for potter and nor does he. But selling him out would put you in danger-'

'YOU DON'T CARE! IF YOU WOULD, THEN WHY WOULD YOU LET THEM TORTURE ME?'
Her voice turned into a rash whisper.

'Why, Draco. Give me answers. I know you couldn't change sides and you were in a grave situation but if you loved me then why, Draco why? She whispered.

She reached for her sleeve and showed him. Clearly the letters 'MUDBLOOD' were arched in the skin. They were dry but permanent.
'Why' she barely whispered.

'Hermione, I hated it. I hated every moment of it. I loved you but I was bloody scared. I was scared that you wouldn't trust me. If I would have tried to befriend you, you would have thought it was a trick. I was scared you would reject me and believe me, I swear-'

Draco whispered smiling sadly
'I swear that your rejection would be a hundred times worse than Avada-'
Hermione put her hand in his mouth. 'Shush. I know, Draco. It's just it gets time to get used to.'

'It does worse to delve in the past and forget about the future.'

'Draco Malfoy, you philosopher' giggled Hermione and playfully swatted his arm. She put her head on his chest. 'I can't watch this anymore' she mumbled.

'What about the mudblood, then?' Growled greyback and Draco felt like he would kill him if it wasn't a memory.

'Wait. Yes-yes, she was in Madam Malkin's with Potter! I saw her picture in the prophet. Draco isn't it the Granger girl?' His mom asked.

'Um... Maybe... I-' He didn't look her straight in the eye.

The scene was followed by her torture.
'Crucio. Tell me what you know, you filthy little mudblood.'
And behind the room knelt the past Draco.

Crying.
Cause it pained when loved ones were tortured.
Even more when there was nothing to do about it. But they would face this and manage to return.
Return back to reality.
***
'Where are we, Draco?'
'In the Malfoy Manor' said Draco incredulously.
'And' he added 'It's the Malfoy new year party held every year. So it's obviously 31st'
'So we have to disguise' concluded Hermione.

'Obviously.'
'Into who?'
Draco saw a couple passing by. Heading towards the homeroom.
'Them' he pointed.
'Who are they?'
'Mr and Mrs Nott'
***