Chapter 4

"Aaron, I'm not leaving New York today." He finishes getting the suitcases together, "Jill, you're being silly, nobody at the airport is gonna cause any problems." I grab the blanket and pull it over my head, "Aaron, you don't get it. They aren't calling you those things and threatening you." "Jill, there were only 6 tweets like that, would you stop it. You're being ridiculous." He sits down next to me pulling the blanket off of my head, "I love you so much, stop acting this way. You're beautiful and not annoying, and not hideous. Look at me," I look away from my hands and look at him, "you are the most incredible woman on the planet, and nothing is gonna make me believe otherwise." He puts a hand on one side of me, opposite from the side closest to him. "I love you Aaron, but I just don't know." He slides his hand under my shirt, "we have a little while until our plane takes off, how about I convince you to go with me?"

We get off the plane and wait for our luggage, "I'm glad you came with me babe." Aaron grabs my hand, "no problem Aar." When our suitcases come out Aaron grabs both of them after handing me his backpack, "you sure you don't want me to carry my own suitcase? It's not a problem." "It's fine, really." We head out to the cab that's waiting for us and are met with some of Aaron's fans. I put the luggage in the trunk as he's taking pictures with them, "Jill, they want to talk to you too." I take a deep breath and walk over to them, leaving Aaron to finish putting luggage away. "Hi. How are you girls?" "Is it true that you and Aaron hooked up when you were with your ex boyfriend Charles?" I turn around and see that Aaron didn't hear any of that, "umm, no actually that's not true. Where did you hear that?" Aaron comes up behind me, "so, you girls are fans of Jill?" They nod and I smile reluctantly, "that's so sweet, do you want me to take a picture of the two of you with Jill?" I turn around and take a picture with the girls, and then Aaron and I head out.

"Those girls were sweet weren't they?" I put my head on Aaron's chest, "yeah, I guess so." He places a kiss on the top of my head, "you alright?" I sit up moving my head to his shoulder, "I don't know, it's just that those girls asked me a weird question, they asked me if we hooked up when I was with my ex." "What the heck? Where would they have heard that from?" I shrug my shoulders and gently press my lips to his shoulder, for my own insurance that he's there. "Don't worry about it, it was only two people." He has no idea the stuff some people have said to me today, I'm trying to keep it from him as long as I can but something happens and I just blurt it out, "except there's hundreds more like them." "What are you talking about? I thought there were only a couple online, did something else happen?" "It's just collectively on Twitter and Instagram, do you never look at comments on your Instagram?" He pulls out his phone to check the comments, "why are they saying that? Just a few days ago, literally everyone was talking about how beautiful and great you are." I get up from the couch and go into the kitchen, I open up the fridge to make some food for us for lunch, "Jill, please explain why you care so much about what they're saying." I shrug and start putting the food out on the counter, "it's just that your fans are very important, and if they're not happy, you're career could be in trouble." "Love, don't worry about that, if they're my real fans they'll stick with me. Now, let me help you with lunch. I'll turn on some music." He goes over to the dock with our shared iPod on it and turns on some music he can sing to. He decides on West Side Story and sings his little heart out to every song. He goes to the bathroom and is in there for a while, I don't think anything of it until I hear a shoe squeak, he peeks his head around a corner, "something's coming don't know when, but it is gonna be great." Is he seriously doing this? He continues his rendition of Something's Coming, dancing in circles around me, "Aaron, I'm trying to make lunch, I am your housewife for another year until I go back to work." He stops singing and comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist with his head on my shoulder, "don't say that, you can go back to work whenever you want. I don't want you to be cooped up in the house all the time, you're more than a housewife." I finish cooking and stand up straight as Aaron pulls off of me, "I know, it's just that I'm not ready to go back yet, not after what happened." About a year ago, I got into a car accident with Aaron, while he was driving me home from work and it was because of someone I worked with. "Jill, that person doesn't work there anymore, do you know where they work? Prison. They tried to kill us, but they didn't, they're not a problem anymore." I lean into him, "I know, it's just scary. Do you wanna go visit with me tomorrow?" "I've got Grease rehearsal, are you meeting me at Jordan's place?" I pull off of him and nod, "can we eat? I'm hungry." He grabs the plates down from the cabinet and sets the sandwiches and some chips on them and we go to watch a movie and eat.