--Ch. 10--

Ch. 10

I finished with the disgusting pervert, not letting him in my pants. I wouldn’t give him my virginity. No one could have it unless I wanted them to have it. All I could do was let him borrow my throat.

As I walked out of the private room, I smacked right into Emmett. He was shaking his head and staring me down, a disappointed look not only on his face, but in his eyes.

“Nothing more than head?”

“You’re disgusting. No, nothing more than that.”

“Maybe I was wrong about you.” He chuckled. “You’re one stuck up, prissy bitch.”

I scowled. “I have homework to do. Can I go?”

“I assume so. Don’t expect to see your mom until later.”

**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**

 I had just finished my math homework and was quickly checking it over when both my mom and Emmett came through the door. My mom reeked heavily of sex and sweat, though Emmett didn’t one bit. No surprise. He’d gladly leave all those women on their backs to work for his dirty money.

“Honey, where’d you go earlier?”

“I came back here do to my homework.”

“You could have gotten at least two more clients in. You weren’t even doing it right.”

I stood and roughly threw my things into my backpack. I had showered and changed since I had got off ‘work’, but I still felt filthy. I shouldn’t have done it.

“You’ve struck a nerve, Genevieve.”  Emmett snickered.

Why am I literally busting my ass for this anymore?

That thought passed when I saw my mom pull a needle from her purse.

“Here. This’ll get you through it.”

Just as I was about to take it and break it in half, Emmett snatched it from her and held it away.

“Don’t you dare get her started on this stuff.”

My mom’s face fell and she reached for it. “Give it back. If she won’t take it, I will!”

“Do you understand what I told you?”

                        Emmett darkly glared at her, capturing her in his grey-eyed stare. A harsh reality that this man was my pimp-he had all the power in the world, and my life, in his hands-scared me. He could stun my mother, and she was a hard chick.

                        “I said, do you under-”

“Yes.” My mom mumbled. “I understand.”

“I’m taking her with me.”

“What?” We yelled simultaneously.

“I said-”

“I heard you! But why the hell should I go with you? You’re-”

“Go, dear.” My mom whispered as a knowing glance was exchanged between the two. “Go.”

“But-”

“For me, Seraphina. For me and Emmett.”

Emmett led me out to his car, a sad glow to his normally pissed aura. He wasn’t arrogant any longer, he was just depressed. I hated seeing even him like this. It made me feel the same.

“I don’t mean to demand you, you can stay home if you want…” Even his voice cracked the slightest; this was genuine.

“No. I’ll come.”