--Ch. 8--

Ch. 8

“So you’ll do it?” Emmett smiled, grabbing my shoulders.

I nodded, unable to speak of how I inexplicably ruined my life.

“Good, good! You’ll make us some good money!” He shook me violently, kind of making me laugh. I chuckled lightly and grabbed his sides to steady myself.

“Please, I don’t think I’d like whiplash.”

“Right. Well, just stay here. I’ll order something. How does Chinese sound?”

“I feel like-”

“Cool. Chill in here and watch TV or something.”

I shook my head and watched as he left the room, but quickly found myself without anything to do. TV doesn’t appeal to me, seeing as I don’t have it at home. The pool sparkled from behind the glass doors and I knew that’s what’s happening. I’ll take a swim.

I stripped off my shoes and socks. After a minute of thinking, I decided just to take it all off. I stood in my underwear on Emmett’s back porch, testing the water with my toe again.

Using all my force to jump as high as I could, I pushed off the ledge and cannon-balled right in. the lukewarm water nipped at my exposed skin, but it felt wonderful.

When I hit the top of the water I smoothed my hair down my scalp, wringing the chlorine-drenched water out. I let myself float to the edge, then sat down in front of a jet.

This is heaven.

I closed my eyes and thought about my new job. I’d be one of them; a home wrecker to the married men and a toy to the singles. Nothing but a piece of trash to throw away when you’re done with it.

That’s all these women ever are.

I was supposed to be more than that. I was supposed to be better. I was going to finish school and make something of myself, not turn out like my mom. But look at me now.

A whore.

“Are you part fish or something?”

“Go away, Emmett. I’m enjoying myself.”

“Oh, yeah? It’s my pool. Maybe I’ll get in, too.”

“You really think I care?”

“Considering your clothes are right there, I think so.”

My eyes shot open as I quickly realized I was in fact half naked.

“Oh, come on. I bet it’s like your bathing suit. It’s not like you’re naked.” Emmett chuckled, a wry smile slipping across his face. He started pulling off his shirt, revealing the tight muscles all across his midsection.

Oh, God. This man, this woman-dealing, stubborn man, has got to be the scariest person I’ve ever met.

He started on his pants and quickly yanked them down, then jumped in with me.

Holy. Crap. I’m swimming, half naked, with my new pimp who I happen to find attractive. What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I get myself in these situations?

The water splashed over my stomach and breasts and I opened my eyes to Emmett in front of me. He winked, then leaned into my ear. I could barely control my breathing and other emotions running through me-especially my libido.

“Do you trust me?” He whispered.

“What?”

“Didn’t think so.”