~|Chapter 8|~ Convel, luna, moonstar and rivers backstory.

(River pov)
Jason and faolon went with the humans while me, moonstar, luna and convel went to hunt. 'Keep up convel you dont want to get left behind!' I barked at him. He ram up beside me and nipped at my ears. Convel was only 2 years old in wolf years so he was more energetic and playful. When he nipped at my ears luna joined in on the fun and tackled us both to the ground and started to roll around on the dried leaves underneath her. Convel and luna were brother and sister so i think its natural for them to wrestle with each other in their wolf form. Moonstar, basicly the teenager of the group just looked at us with a dissapointed look in her eyes and walked off to a nearby blueberry bush and went behind it and their was a glowing light and i heard bones cracking and heavy breathing and she came out of the bush in her human form. She still had the same bleach blond hair and tan complexion the only thing that was differrent was her eyes, her eyes were gray with specks of brown. She looked at me and said 'river tell them' she said pointing at covel and luna 'to get out of their wolf form and help me build a fire.'
'Fine' i said to her telepathicly

'Convel! faolon! I barked at them.
They looked at me with their blue eyes and their gray fur now smotherd in dirt and leaves.
'Yes river' They both said
'I need you to help out moonstar make a fire but you both got to get out of your wolf form.'
They both sighed and convel walked over to an oak tree and their was a glowing light and i heard bones crack and then convel stepped out and had leaves and dirt on his torn blue shorts and his ripped red t shirt. Then luna went behind the same tree and then the glow came and left and she stepped out in a yellow mud covered sundress with her light brown hair in a messed up braid. They both went to help moonstar get wood for a fire to cook some food. I saw them dissapear around some bramble bushes and i laid down on the dirt and waited for them to come back.

(Flashback from 2 years ago)
Convel and luna's parents were the leaders of our pack until the day they died. We were in kentucy chasing some geese around in a fieald of dry grass in a fieald surrounded by forest in the spring when a black bear controlled by lucifer came out of the woods and chased us into a small cave by a river and luna (who was a week old) ran up to the bear and bit his leg. The bear got up on its hind legs and hit luna with its paw sending her flying ten feet into the air. Then luna's father, altazar attacked the bear bitting his neck and trying to pin the bear down.
But the bear smacked him away and altazar broke his neck and could not move. The bear then bit his neck and altazar died. Luna's mother, gwen was pregnant with covel so i kept her safe from the bear. Little luna came into the cave with a giant scratch down her face amd laid next to me and started whimpering and gwen was having convel. so i sheilded luna from what was happening by scooting her to my side and sheilding her face with my tail.

When the pregnancy was over and covel was born gwen went out to investigate if the bear was still outside.
She took five steps out of the small cave and got attacked by the bear from the side. She tried to run but the bear grabbed her hind leg amd bit through her bone and her leg was bleeding profusely. Then the bear left and went back into the woods like nothing happend. Gwen could not get back into the cave because she was losing to much blood too fast.
I went out and put her on her side and went into the woods and grabbed some leaves.
I made the horrible mistake of putting leaves on the wound. Five minutes later the wound turned black from the dried blood and i went to the river and lapped up some water and i went back to gwen and licked her wound clean with the water. Luna  and convel were in the cave sleeping while i tended to their mothers wounds.  I tried everytihng i could but she still died.
I cant change back to a human now becuase of that incident. To be able to change back to human an animigus has to have a happy memory, and i will never have one again.

Moonstar was part of an assasin guild of werewolves but she could not take murduring innocent people so the leader of the assasin guild put sleeping gas in her room one night and killed her parents in exchange for her freedom from the assasin guild. She then ran away crossing border to border when she teamed up with me and we wandered virgina until we found convel and luna's parents and we joined their pack.

Jason was an animigus that could change his fur color at will. His old pack kicked him out for being a disgrace of an animigus. Jason then was a lone wolf with nothing to lose. One day he was walking in the woods and he got attacked by
The same bear that killed convel and luna's parents. They fought for a long time until the bear ran away in fear with blood running down his neck. Thats when convels parents, me and moonstar met him. We found faolon in the forest with bear traps on his paws and him whimpering to get out. We freed him and he joined our pack.

Thank you for reading my book!
Stay wonderful
-ally