Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {31}

***Noah’s POV***

                I sat watching the stars and stroking Max’s hair as he slept. A smile was on my face, never wanting to leave it. I looked down at Max and the smile grew wider. I loved him more than I had ever loved anyone before and more than I would ever love anyone after.

                I kissed his forehead and held him closer with the arm that wasn’t stroking his hair. I laid like that with him for a long time before I felt myself nodding off. I shook Max. If I fell asleep and my dad caught us like this, god he would kill us.

                Max groaned a little and I leaned down and kissed his lips. “Come on love; get up,” I said gently. Max opened his eyes slowly and kissed me. “I’m up,” he mumbled. I helped him sit up and handed him his clothes. He pulled them on sleepily and stood up.

                I copied him and grabbed his hand as we walked back towards my house. We snuck inside and crept up to my room. We laid on my bed together and I wrapped my arms around him as we both fell asleep.

                In the morning I woke up and looked up. My mom was smiling gently from the doorway. Max was still asleep and safely in my arms. I smiled at her softly.

                “You kids are great together,” she said, keeping her voice down so she didn’t wake Max. “You don’t care that we’re both boys?” I asked, doing the same with my voice.

                She shook her head. “Noah, love is love. I love you and if you love Max, then it doesn’t matter if he’s a boy, girl, or wombat. Your heart decides who you love and it’s not homophobic. And neither are your father and I.”

                “Thanks mom,” I said sincerely, smiling at her. “I love you Noah and I’m so glad that you’re happy,” she said, her eyes watering a little. “Oh god mom don’t cry!” I said, getting alarmed. She wiped her eyes. “I’m sorry. It’s just…my baby has his first love…” She wiped her eyes again.

                I blushed a little. First and only, I thought fiercely. I would never love anyone as much as I loved Max. Mom left my room, still wiping at her eyes. I sighed and kissed Max’s forehead.

                A few minutes later, his eyes cracked open and he smiled at me. “Good morning Noah,” he said and kissed me deeply. “Ew Max you have morning breath!” I whined. “Deal with it,” he said with a shrug. I laughed and kissed him again.

                He grabbed my hand and smiled. “You better have washed those hands after last night!” I cried in fake horror. He grinned. “Nope,” he said and ran his hands on my face. “Ew! That’s nasty!” I said and swatted at his hands as he laughed.

                I grinned now. “Well, I guess it’s only fair I return the favor,” I said and pulled him close. I pressed my mouth on his and our tongues met. We made out for a little before I pulled away, smirking.

                “Well?” “I taste good,” Max said simply. I burst into laughter and hugged him. “God I love you Max,” I said as he joined in my laughter. He hugged me back tightly.

                We got up, ate, and left my house. “Let’s go visit Owen,” he said, concern shining in his eyes. I nodded and grabbed his hand. We walked to Owen’s, talking and sharing kisses.

                Max knocked on the door and Mr. Cash let us in. “He’s doing better. The fever’s gone down a little. I took him to the doctor’s and they prescribed some medicine for him. He’s responding to it well,” he said happily.

                He led us up to Owen’s room. Owen was on his bed watching TV. He smiled weakly at us. He was still really pale, but he looked very slightly better.

                “Hey guys,” he croaked. I glanced at his TV and Max and I laughed. “What’s wrong with him?” “He’s narcoleptic!” “…He’s an undercover drug agent?” We all laughed together.

                “Best show ever!” I cheered. Owen nodded in agreement. We stayed with Owen for a while before Max’s dad called him and picked him up. He dropped me off at my house and I thanked him before going inside.

                I went in my room and logged on Skype. Lacey called me and I answered with video. “Hey Lacey!” I said brightly. “Hey Noah! How are you and Max doing?” “Great!” I said happily, eyes shining.

                Her mouth dropped. “Dude! You two slept with each other!” “What?” I asked in shock. How the hell could she tell?! “It’s all over your face Noah!” I wiped my face and she rolled her eyes. “Not literally. I mean that…well, you’re like an open book. Your eyes and face and just screaming ‘I FUCKED MAXWELL RICARDO QUINCY!’ When?!” “Last night. And the night before,” I said, blushing lightly.

                Max wouldn’t care if I told Lacey. Next to me, she was closest to him. He probably would’ve told her eventually. Not that I minded. I didn’t care if he told the whole fucking world. Not that he would and not that I would either.

                “Aw Noah! That’s cute…and slightly gross…ugh. Did either of you take it in the ass?” I waggled my eyebrows and she made a face. “Yuck! Dude ima stay a virgin forever. No one’s sticking their dick in me!” I laughed at her. “Oh just wait Lacey. Your time will come,” I said with a wink.

                “Yea right Noah!” she said sarcastically. I laughed. “It’s alright. I already fucked your sister.” “What?! But she was only home alone yesterday!” “I know. I was there twice. But I only came once,” I said, winking. We both burst into laughter.

                “Well No, I’m gonna let you go so I can call Maxi and make sure he’s having no trouble sitting. But I really am happy you two are together. You’re perfect together and you make each other so happy,” she said with a sincere smile.

                “I’ll make Max happier than drugs make Charlie Sheen,” I promised. “Uh…I don’t know Noah. Which makes him happier? Drugs or winning?” “Both. And Max will still be happier than him with both!” She smiled. “You’re a good guy Noah. I love you.” “I love you too Lacey,” I said with a smile. We ended the call and I fell back on my bed with a smile.