Siberia

The next few days just showed how little social contact I'd had in the past few years. I'd always known that sometimes people would get friends that they really liked and wouldn't trade for the world, but, they were the kind of person that you just....didn't wanna bring around your parents or family because of the way they acted around you. Void ended up being that friend. I showed him and Navi around the base over the course of the three days before we were going after the convoy and ended up getting to like him when I learned that he was pretty much a bigger smaller version of us with 4 legs. My parents had left the day before the operation, which I was glad for because I really, really didn't want them to meet Void. I could just see trouble with a capital T written all over that shit. Now if you don't mind me ranting on for a while longer, seriously, the fuck is going on with Minecraft right now? 1.9.0 has been out for a few months now and I'm stuck way the hell back here in 1.8.9 because Mojang decided, "hey, lets ruin texture packs for people." And yeah, I hate the default textures for Minecraft, they make my eyes hurt. I had a 256 pixel realistic resource pack running to fix that, but then when 1.9 came out I went against my gut and made the stupid mistake of "upgrading". I fell in love with what they added, however, something they've done to the resource pack formula has rendered the textures I had for stone, wood and clay invalid, just showing up as a black and purple checkerboard. It wouldn't even be so bad if it was limited to just say, stone or cobblestone. No it's fucking EVERYTHING. Everything shows up as that stupid checkerboard. What the fuck Mojang? Fix it!

Now, with that out of the way, over the course of the three days before we left for the operation, I mostly hung out in the barracks bingeing on Minecraft (Even though I hate the lack of realistic textures, still love Minecraft) and when I wasn't doing that, I was out in the Supra or practicing with void, since he ended up on my Team and Navi ended up with Mercury. I wanted to see what it was that Black River had stuck in their heads in the time that they had trained with them. Turns out it was quite a bit. Void seemed to know a lot about breaching doors, stealth combat and even explosives and how to defuse bombs He had a knack for knowing right when to toss the grenade or flash bang though the way his fingers were designed made it just a little bit challenging, but in time, he mastered it, or just where on the doorway to set the C4 for the maximum effect on the other side. Another cool thing about Void and his sister was that their front legs were placed just right and just long enough that they could use a rifle when they were on their stomachs. His short neck didn't get in the way of an optic either, so long as it was placed just right. During training, I stressed to both of them not to even consider pulling out their rifles unless they were with one of us because getting them off their vests were cumbersome and a little tricky when they were by themselves. Unlike us, they couldn't reach back to grab their guns off their backs, the way the joints in their front legs were designed made it impossible to reach up and behind them. That was the problem for most of the day until I got a rivet gun and moved their straps down to their sides, which made it easier to the point where I could actually see they were having less trouble. Another interesting part was the firearms they actually chose to carry with them.

Void was using a decked out S22 Combat Rifle with an Aimpoint Comp M4S, Magpul UBR stock, magazine and pistol grip with a 20 inch barrel and a compensator as opposed to the barrel shroud the rest of us used and a Bi pod so he could work it without too much effort on his part.

Navi on the other hand was using a S30 .308 with the same compensator as her brother, SOCOM stock, Trijjicon ACOG scope and the standard hand rail.

Both Void and Navi were quite good at hitting the dirt and pulling out their rifles when the situation called for it, though it looked a little awkward. And I swear to you the only bad memory Void and his sister are going to have of Area 29 was the physical. I didn't tell them the day before the op that they needed to get one and when it finally crossed my mind it was rather late in the day. At first, they were okay with it. Then when they walked out about an hour later, the looks on their faces said it all. They felt invaded, and maybe I'm just a shitlord, but I found it hysterical.