Our Everlasting Melody (20)

Start from the beginning

When we were back in his truck, I texted Blake and told him I wanted to see him. I had to tell him about Mona before she went and threw herself at him. He texted back and told me that he'd come pick me up and he'd take me somewhere we wouldn't be caught.

"I'll be back for your show," Elias informed me as he rolled to a stop in front of my house. "I really wanted to see it, so Carrie and I are going to go."

I forced a smile. I loved that he was going to come, but the last thing I wanted was to see Carrie. She was going to see Christian and me together in it and then she was just going to gush and go on and on about how cute we were together. Not something I wanted to listen to.

Blake picked me up from my house only five minutes after Elias had dropped me off, and we were off to wherever he had chosen. It was actually kind of exciting, not knowing where we were going.

In the past two weeks, we hadn't gotten to hang out very much, what with my play practice and his football practices. We still talked on the phone and texted, but it just wasn't the same. I was glad that we were finally going to spend some time together out in the open.

Blake had made many friends since making the team, and it was strange to see him hanging out with football players and cheerleaders. He still ate lunch with us, but he always seemed to be with them either before or after school. It was weird because those were the people that I used to hang out with.

The only really good thing about this was that Derrick and Blake had gotten a lot closer, and they even seemed to be becoming practically best friends. I'd rather him be best friends with Derrick than any other idiot that was on the team.

There weren't very many people in the pizza parlor, and I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't want to chance anyone from school seeing us together, but I luckily saw no one that I recognized as we took a seat in a booth across from each other.

This is a really nice place," I smiled, looking around. It was small, and only a few other people were inside. It was absolutely perfect.

Blake grinned at me. "Anything for you, babe."

I froze. Did he just call me... babe? Didn't he know how much I hated being called that because of Sean?

"Oh, my gosh!" a new voice now said, and I almost sunk in my seat. I turned to see Mona smiling broadly at us, Christian standing right beside her. It was obviously not his idea to come over to us. "Look who it is! I didn't expect to see the two of you hanging out here!"

That was because we weren't just hanging out. We were on a date.

Without even getting invited to do so, Mona slid into the booth next to Blake, way to close for comfort. I looked over at Christian, who obviously wasn't comfortable with just sitting down, so I let out as sigh and said, "Want to sit down, Christian?"

He smiled at me before taking the seat next to me. Blake didn't look happy, but that just made two of us. These two always seemed to be places we didn't want them to be.

What was Mona even doing here with Christian? Hadn't she just been at the mall with that annoying redhead? Of course, that had been like an hour before, but... still. She sure switched between friends quickly.

"So, what are we talking about?" Mona asked once we were all situated.

Actually, we weren't talking about anything. We got interrupted by her before we could even start talking about anything besides the fact that this was a nice place.

Before either Blake or I could answer, another voice cut us off once again.

"Hey!" the new voice now called out, and I almost groaned. "What are you all doing here? A double date?"