Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

II - Punishment

II - Punishment

The doors to the throne room swung open as she approached, three guards, including Ackley, followed closely behind her.

"You asked for me Father?" Georgiana called out, her voice void of any emotion. She was bored. She and her father had had this conversation many times before, she was almost certain she could guess what he was about to say.

King William of England looked up from the table he was stood behind and met the gaze of his troublesome daughter. With a wave of his hand he dismissed the group of noblemen whom he had been discussing business with and glared at her.

"Again, Georgiana?" He said through gritted teeth.

Georgiana nodded and turned her head to glance over her shoulder. Ackley stood to attention a couple of steps away from her, his eyes locked on the King. The other guards that had escorted her into the throne room stood by the door awaiting orders.

"Speak when spoken to." The King shouted. Georgiana jumped as his voice echoed around the large, high-ceilinged room. She wasn't afraid of her father but she kept a watchful eye on his raising temper.

"Again, Your Majesty." She said with forced sweetness as she curtsied. She held in her laughter as she went to hold her dress but remembered her attire was that of a man's.

"When are you going to stop acting like a young, adventurous boy and start behaving like the Princess of England?" King William asked crossing his arms over his chest, his glare still heavy on her face.

"Girls like to be adventurous too. Not all of us like to be cooped up in a castle day after day."

The King raised an eyebrow at his daughter's fiery attitude, "I think you would find that plenty of girls your age strive to have the life of a Princess but you are nothing but an ungrateful little girl."

"I am not a little girl. I am ten and seven."

"Start acting like it and maybe then I'll believe it." The King chuckled and from behind her, Georgiana heard Ackley snigger to himself. She felt her cheeks redden in anger.

"It is a waste of my time and everyone else's time sending search parties looking across the country for you." The King continued.

"Then don't do it." Georgiana bit out before she could stop herself.

"Silence! You sharp-tongued little girl, I have had enough of your disobedience and lack of respect-" The King's outburst was interrupted by the throne room doors opening once more to reveal Queen Clarissa as she glided gracefully into the room.

Queen Clarissa was adored by the people. She listened and cared unlike her temperamental husband. Georgiana beamed at the warming sight of her mother.

"Oh darling you're back safely." She clapped her hands together as she walked towards her daughter. The extravagant blue gown she wore sparkled in the rays of sunlight that filtered into the room. She pulled Georgiana into her arms for a loving embrace and shot her husband a warning glare over her shoulder.

"As much as I support this rebellion phrase, I'd much rather you wear a gown around the palace and not this stable boy attire." Clarissa whispered into Georgiana's ear as the two of them pulled apart.

Georgiana smiled after her mother as she moved towards the King and whispered something in his ear. The King grunted in disagreement and mumbled a reply in which the Queen laughed and patted his arm.

"You will stay in your chambers for the rest of the day." The King announced and Georgiana had to refrain herself from smiling too much.

"That's it? That's my punishment?" She asked, shock written across her face.