4.

Harry Styles wasn't stupid, far from it actually. He rubbed his arms in eager anticipation as he waited for Caroline to come in. Sure there was a little guilt for involving her in such a dangerous and petty thing, but that's what she was. A pawn in everyone's game. 

She entered the shop she worked at, Bed Heads, and removed her coat, hanging it on the coat rack. Her nose crinkled softly and she cooed with delight as the store cat brushed against her legs. "Good boy Poe." Giving him a treat, she walked back into her office seeing Harry sitting in her office chair, foot jiggling. 

"Well?" He asked jumping up clumsily, managing to knock over his cup of tea for the second time this morning. 

"Well" she pushed him out of the way and sat down at her chair, propping her feet up on her desk, striking up a cigar. "I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse." Her green eyes twinkled slightly with mockery. 

"For fucks sake can you not speak in movie quotes right now? I'm in the middle of my mid life crisis twenty years too soon." 

Caroline's smile faded slightly and she sighed, rubbing her forehead. She let out a puff of the cigar and    shrugged. "Fine. Aaron is amazing in bed. Such a little guy but he knew exactly what to do." 

Harry gagged slightly and offered her a bitch face. "Spare me the details."

"How else was I supposed to knock him out? He's a heavy sleepier when you fill him up with a nice meal and sex. God men are lightweights."

"The phone number Caroline, get to the bleeding phone number!" His hands gripped the edge of the desk so tightly his tattooed knuckles turned white with strain. 

"It's real. I had to call Jared, you know that guy who owns the bookstore that smells like whiskey? Super good at techy stuff. Got me into his phone and contacts. The number Aaron gave you is in fact  Katherine's." She stood and bowed melodramatically. "You're welcome."

Harry eased his grip on the desk, his smile overtly contagious. "You're a gem my dear, an absolute gem." He kissed her head at the peak of her hairline and pulled back. "Did you find out anything else?" He always had been nosy. 

The honey headed girl nodded offering the cigar to Harry who declined. "Fun fact, Aaron's family is originally from Cuba." She rolled the tobacco between her fingers. "I took the liberty of taking one of these as a parting gift. The hotel they're at? Stunning. Felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman walking in there. " 

The older boy shook his head in disbelief his eyes shinning in admiration. "You're awful."

"No awful is how Zayn is doing. Moved to L.A. and left Perrie." Harry's jaw visibly dropped. "And Liam is dragging his feet with Nina and let's see, Niall decided to go backpacking through Europe and the whole fucking planet." 

"Missed a lot I guess." Harry licked his plump lips and picked up a joint. "What else is going on?"

"Staying in on New Years. They can see Time square from their hotel room. Had to be precautionary. " 

"Well fuck me in the ass." He grumbled snapping the joint in half, and tossing it across the office. 

"Isn't that Andy's job?" She teased, standing up and putting the cigar out. Harry flicked her off and followed her. 

"Isn't yours supposed to be Jared?" 

Both sets of green eyes locked together and grinned. "Looks like we're both screwed."

A/N: this is Caroline :)