Tips and Tricks: Crystals for plants

Moss agate helps sick or injured plants heal.

Malachite helps roots gain strength.

Moonstone assists with energy absorption.

Prehnite balances sunlight overall.

Green tourmaline enhances chloroplast/chlorophyll functionality.

Aquamarine encourages water absorption.

Zeolite is for fruit-bearing plants.

I hope this helps! :)

 but this is p. relevant to that post about burying crystals in one's garden.. the correspondences here seem to be based on impressions/colors of the stones without taking their mineralogical makeups into consideration.. I wonder which stones one could actually use to manipulate soil acidity & other factors to help plants grow..

So, there's several factors at play here. 1) The types of plants being grown and their specific nutrient needs. 2) The current soil chemistry (including nutrient deficiencies). 3) Overall soil health, including pests. 4) Gardening methods. And 5) The chemical properties of the rocks/minerals you might want to bury with your plants.

don't recommend burying rocks/minerals with your plants. IMO there are lots of better ways to care for your plants, both magically and mundanely (which is probably not a real word, but whatever).

All I ask is that you do your research. All minerals have a specific chemical formula. All rocks are made up of minerals and based on the type of rock you can figure out what minerals are (or should be) present. Those chemical formulas provide valuable info about the rock/mineral.

For example, quartz is SiO2. Always. There may be impurities (another reason to not bury your minerals - you never know what impurities will leach out when wet), but at the end of the day, quartz is SiO2 (silica dioxide) and all its physical and chemical properties stem from that.

All plants require nutrients from the soil to grow and be healthy. Each kind has its own "sweet spot" of nutrient concentration, and there are lots of nutrients out there. The big ones are N, P, and K (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium) but many (many, many, many) others are important too such as aluminum, magnesium, etc.

All those nutrients are also found in rocks and minerals as well as soil. For instance, biotite (a form of mica) is an aluminosilicate, meaning the "big guns" in its chemical formula are aluminum and silica. If you bury biotite in your garden and it starts breaking down (which it will, because of erosion) there will be an increase in aluminum I your soil, which may or may not be good for your plants.

At the end of the day, please realize that rocks and minerals are not static entities. At their most basic level they are chemicals and they are constantly changing and interacting with their environment, whether you notice it or not. If you place them in an environment where they are unstable, they will start to erode or leach or precipitate and that could have consequences.

Magic does not occur in a vacuum. So someone told you that moonstone is good for doing X in plants. That's not a good enough reason to actually bury moonstone with your plants. Because scientifically, you don't know what's going to happen. Just because you're doing magic it doesn't mean science turns off for a minute.

Rocks and minerals are not just ingredients for your spells. They are not all the same - one quartz crystal can be really different from another one. They do not just add and subtract with their environment. They multiply and divide and do all kinds of weird shit. They are not one size fits all.

It's okay to use rocks in your craft, but for the love of all that is unholy please do your research. And please understand that rocks and minerals are not as straightforward as the witchy world makes them out to be. They are incredibly complex and so is their context. Treat them with as much respect as you'd treat their plant and animal cousins. They deserve it.

And if you're hell bent on using rocks in conjunction with potted plants, I'd recommend creating a crystal grid around the pot instead of burying them. It's safer and less of a waste.

Good info

Thank you for that! I'm glad to see people still contributing to this post <3

*On a very small side note I haven't buried anything in the soul with my plants, all my crystal usage with my plants consists of them sitting next to the plant (cause if I'm honest crystals are pretty, and I didn't want to burry it where I can't see it anymore, but that's just me). Plus I think that if you're using your crystals outside of your plants soil then you can direct them at the other plants in the area as well, (or at least since making this post and acquiring more plants that has worked for me).

Happy growing everyone! 🌞🌿🌵🌻