Chapter 25

Niall's POV

"Mmm" I muttered in my sleep as I turned around, pulling the covers up closer to my chin. I decided I wasn't going to be able to go back asleep so I just stayed up. Wait, why did I have covers? Didn't I fall asleep on the couch. I was on a bed. Aww, Harry must have carried me here.

I looked at the side clock, 4:08. Why'd I wake up so early? I turned back and saw a lump beside me, must be Harry. I grabbed onto his waist, spooning him. "Hello lovely" I whispered huskily, my Irish accent thick because I just woke up.

I hovered my head over him and kissed his neck lightly. He turned around and I screamed, jumping out of the bed and into the corner.

Almost immediately Harry, Louis, and Zayn bombarded into the room.

"Whoa, Niall, what happened?" Louis asked, making his way over to me and placing a hand on my shoulder. "L-Li-Liam was in m-my bed" I stuttered.

Harry angrily stormed over to Liam and pulled him off of the bed, punching him in the face. Zayn hurried to Harry, pulling him off of Liam. "Harry! Stop!" I screamed, prying them apart. Liam punched Harry in the eye.

"STOP!"

Everyone fell silent. Harry's right eye was already swelling with a purplish, bluish color to it and was throbbing harshly. Liam had a bruise on the side of his right cheek. Zayn and Louis backed away from the two injured boys. Tears threatened to fall but I pushed them back, my hands turning to fists at my sides.

"Just please.......stop" I whispered in a quieter tone, my eyes darting at Liam's and then Harry's.

Harry's eyes were soft with some sort of regret in him while Liam's eyes were fiery with anger, his chest was heaving up and down.

I turned to Louis and Zayn. "Could you guys leave us alone for a minute?" I asked softly, playing with my fingers. They both nodded understandingly and left, closing the door behind them. I watched them leave and after they had shut the door, my gaze fell back on the boys.

It was silent for a moment. Harry had moved to the end of the bed, holding on to the bed stand. Liam went to the other end of the bed, holding onto the headboard. They had gotten as far away from each other as they possibly could without falling off the bed. I moved closer to them, sitting in the middle but unknowingly sitting closer to Harry's side.

It stayed silent for a few more moments before I finally broke it.

"Why?" I asked shrugging my shoulders and shaking my head a little, not talking to anyone in particular. 

I sucked in my lips, forming a straight line with my mouth, kicking my legs as they dangled loosely from the bed, entwining my own fingers together tightly and setting them on my lap.

Harry's moth opened, but then closed as if he forgot what to say. I tilted my mouth to one side, biting my inner lip. I finally decided to speak again.

"I love both of you."

"WHAT?" They both shouted in unison, snapping their heads to look at me so quick, I was afraid their necks would break.

I sighed. "I said I love both of you." I shrugged simply.

"Y-you love......him?" Harry asked with a disgusted look on his face as he turned his look to Liam and then back to me. I nodded.

"You love me?" Liam asked softly, trying to look me in the eyes but he couldn't since I was looking down at my now unentwined fingers.

"Don't make out anything of it Liam" I said sternly, "I only love you as a best friend......a best mate even" I said calmly, twiddling my fingers. "But I don't see a future with me and you so just please, just this one time, give up." Liam was silent. I now turned to Harry---my Harry. He had a blank expression on his face, he looked like he was at thought.