Chapter 18

Harry's POV

"Oh my god Niall, it's beautiful." 

I slowly sauntered over a large patch of bright, green grass. It smelled as if it had been newly cut. I breathed in loudly and enjoyed the sweet smell. I moved closer to the building that was in front of me. It was a cabin. 

It wasn't a creepy, old, run down cabin that you see in horror movies or anything like that. It was rather quite nice. It wasn't too big or small, it looked cozy. The outside was very pretty, from the way it looked, it seems to be at least 2 stories high. The pampered wood was brown and had a very mellow feel to it while the pointed roof was a bright silver.

I climbed up the stairs to where there was a porch. It had an old rocking chair on it and an attached double swing. I smiled.

"Do you like it?"

I looked back and found Niall smiling while he walked up the steps with the bags to meet me.

"Niall, I........I love it."

He placed the bags down and plopped onto the swing, pulling me down next to him as we began swaying to the smooth sound of the wind rustling around us. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I rented this cabin out for us. No paparazzi, no boys, no management, no distractions, just us." He looked at me with those blue orbs of his and I smiled. This was perfect. This moment was perfect. This place was perfect. Niall was perfect. 

I pressed my lips against his and felt the warmness of his body conceal me from the crisp breeze. I streamed my fingers through his hair as he pulled me closer.

"No distractions" he whispered and I bit his lip, begging for allowance to slip my tongue inside his mouth. And, at that moment, a phone went off. Niall groaned as he pulled away to answer the ring. I bit my lip and blushed a little.

"Liam, what do you want." Niall asked, making it sound more of a statement.

"Yeah, we made it here safely, mate."

"What did you say?" Niall asked with disbelief in his voice, getting off of the swing and walking off the porch and onto the grass.

"Niall, is everything alright?" I shouted getting up and running after him. He kept on walking farther. "Niall!"

"Everything's fine Harry, just go inside, i'll be in in a second."

I stopped running and stood there for a moment as I watched as Niall kept walking. Down, down, down the pathway that led to nowhere I knew, talking on the phone. I bit my lip and turned back towards the cabin, digging my hands in my jacket. What had Liam said to him to make him upset like that? So much for no distractions.

*     *     *     *     *     *

I entered the cabin and brought all of our stuff inside, then propped myself on a couch. I twiddled with my fingers. Where did Niall go? I got up, deciding if I should follow him---go after him. I sat back down. Maybe I should just give him some space. I got up again. Maybe I should go, just to make sure he's alright. After a few more minutes of deciding, I headed out the door and down the path that Niall had followed.

"Niall? Niall?" I called as I peered around the trees that were formed into the woods. "Niall, are you out here?"

I distantly heard something in the background. I turned around and jogged deeper into the place until I found a lump on the ground. I cautiously approached it. "Niall?"

Whimpers followed. I kneeled down beside him. His body was face down, his hands covering his face and more cries came out. I rubbed his back and brought my face closer to his head. "Niall? Is everything okay?"

He didn't answer me, just more cries and muttering. I lifted him up and leaned him against a tree. His cheeks were flushed and his eyes puffy. He was sniffling and sputtering. I ran my hand over his cheek and placed a strand of his hair behind his ear. 

"Niall, why are you crying?" I asked softly as I shifted his head onto my shoulder. His arms instantly flung around my waist as he sobbed into my neck. I caressed his hair with my hand and the other one was wrapped around him.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

He cried into my shoulder and I squeezed him tight. I could feel him trembling. 

"She's dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the super short chappy, wanted to keep suspense. :p xx