6. Six

TEN

"I need a plan Thea, just give me a fucking plan!" I whine, pacing frantically around my room, possibly giving rise to seismic activity everywhere on earth. Thea lies plopped on my bed and she is continuously chewing bubblegum, which by the way, is so annoying that it's extracting the soul out of me.

"So, let me get this straight..." she says, blowing a bubble, but it deflates immediately because of the glare I just gave it. I halt in front of her, crossing my arms over my chest. "You were bunking class with Loser Levan?" she asks, raising her brows, her green eyes are wide.

"What? Why'd you call him that?" I ask her, wrinkling my nose.

"Todd told me that everyone at school calls him that," she shrugs, continuing blowing bubbles.

"Why is Todd such a prick? That is so rude!" I snap, sticking my pointy fingernail in the bubble and popping it. Instantly in my head, it's all over her beautiful but rude face and snarly rude hair. But no actually, it is only sprawled rather anti-climactically over her lips and nose. She groans. I grin and tip my chin up as she peels the gum off her mouth.

"But you were out with him," she says, walking over to the window and shooting the gum out. She decides to lean against the window and I dump myself on the bed, face down. I groan into the pillow. Yes, I hung out with Levan. So what? "And you guys had a good and sort of weird time by all that you've told me," she concludes. I kick my dangling feet in agreement. "But why did you tell him you have a plan when you don't?" I flip myself like an omelette so that I'm facing the ceiling and let out a dramatic sigh.

Because I'm dumb. "Because I knew no other way," I tell her.

"That is dramatic. Why?" she laughs, lying down beside me so we're both facing the ceiling. Our hair tangles together between us, like the roots of two different trees; rusty maple and deep mahogany.

"I have this aching need to know him," I blurt. I know that she's going to say it's dramatic again. But I never think twice before telling Thea things. I have no filter with her, she's safe and it's our thing, to tell each other things we'd rather take to our graves. If something crucial, tragic, or amazing happens, we tell each other instantly. It's like barfing secrets instead of unhealthily digesting them.

"Sounds...intense," she says. I roll my eyes to her and she's pressing her lips together and trying not to laugh.

"Do you have a plan yet, Athena?" I ask, forcing a smile and cocking a brow.

"Ugh, I don't know!" she says, sitting up on her elbows, our hair tangled no more. "You're the one who makes all these adventurous –and quite honestly –elaborate plans." She pouts, "You've planned all our hiking trips, and skiing trips, and god knows what trips since were nine, Ten," she says and then starts to laugh. I do too. And no, we're not laughing at my planning skills, we're just laughing about 'nine, Ten.'

"You're right," I say then jump off the bed. I look through my bag and return with my list. "But you can at least help me select something out of here," I say as she sits up. I throw the notebook at her face and she fails to catch it, groaning as it hits her forehead and drops into her lap. Snickering, I sit down next to her as she massages her forehead.

"Well, let's see." She sounds excited. Usually, I wouldn't reveal my potential exploratory plans to her, but right now, I need a best-friend-opinion which is believed to be, well, the best. Sometimes, the worst. "So, is he a land, sky, or water person?" she asks, scrutinizing the never-ending list.